They Spurned the Vaccine - Now They Want You to Know They Regret it

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: They Spurned the Vaccine - Now They Want You to Know They Regret it

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm I only laugh at the situation because I’m not vaccinated and I have to “suffer” consequences… I can accept that. That was my choice and honestly I don’t really even notice. Anywhere I’m supposed to show vax status never even asks me.

But what is hilarious is watching millions of vaccinated Canadians living through restrictions, and mandatory mask wearing, mandatory pcr testing etc when they are vaccinated. My life seems pretty much the same as the vaccinated.

The vaccinated keep trying to explain and justify how the vaccine work, yet they are living a life like they don’t believe in it. I just find it hilarious watching vaccinated mask wearing people shouting how great their shot was. Then they come here to waste time arguing about it. Why haven’t you guys moved on with your life, you are vaccinated!
We all know that the restrictions will lift at some point and you will be laughing at us from the ground for being cautious.
---------- ADS -----------

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

:lol:

My restrictions lifted as soon as I started ignoring them.

Like you said, you are taking the cautious approach… probably got another 5 years in the call centre trying to convince parents to jab their kids before the new normal can unfold.

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm I only laugh at the situation because I’m not vaccinated and I have to “suffer” consequences… I can accept that. That was my choice and honestly I don’t really even notice. Anywhere I’m supposed to show vax status never even asks me.

But what is hilarious is watching millions of vaccinated Canadians living through restrictions, and mandatory mask wearing, mandatory pcr testing etc when they are vaccinated. My life seems pretty much the same as the vaccinated.

The vaccinated keep trying to explain and justify how the vaccine work, yet they are living a life like they don’t believe in it. I just find it hilarious watching vaccinated mask wearing people shouting how great their shot was. Then they come here to waste time arguing about it. Why haven’t you guys moved on with your life, you are vaccinated!

The reason we still have restrictions is that this pandemic is (unfortunately) not over. Contributing to local conditions is that too high a percentage of the population that CAN be vaccinated is not vaccinated. That makes things worse for everyone else.

It's not as simple as get vaccinated and be done with it. I wish it was. It's not. Life isn't simple. The vaccines we have are extremely good at reducing the percentage of those vaccinated that, if exposed to the pathogen, will 1. become infected, and 2, experience severe illness and death. They are not magic, and they work best when everyone that CAN be vaccinated, IS vaccinated...and when, for the time being, other reasonable measures to minimize person to person spread, are taken.

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:13 pm :lol:

Like you said, you are taking the cautious approach… probably got another 5 years in the call centre trying to convince parents to jab their kids before the new normal can unfold.

You ignore those restrictions at your peril and the peril of your community - your friends, family, countrymen, who are all doing their part to get past this f*cking virus.

Also, I hope to f*ck parents take the vaccines on offer for their kids. My wife and I certainly will the first day there is a safe, effective vaccine approved by our regulator (based on the advice of medical experts). Can't wait.

This is not a conspiracy. It's a sh*tty virus, and we have available, through a miracle of modern science, vaccine (s)!!! that work really well, in record time. Take a goddamned vaccine. Please.

I'm annoyed. I don't read these forums often, and when I do, I'm pissed off to see this sh*t. And to see it at work. It's stupid. Take the f*cking vaccine or f*ck right off. I'm f*cking done with this sh*t.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Sure, you laugh now. One day your actions will bite you in the ass and you will likely regret it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

FOD wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:07 pm
I WAS Pez wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 pm

The reason we still have restrictions is that this pandemic is (unfortunately) not over. Contributing to local conditions is that too high a percentage of the population that CAN be vaccinated is not vaccinated. That makes things worse for everyone else.

It's not as simple as get vaccinated and be done with it. I wish it was. It's not. Life isn't simple. The vaccines we have are extremely good at reducing the percentage of those vaccinated that, if exposed to the pathogen, will 1. become infected, and 2, experience severe illness and death. They are not magic, and they work best when everyone that CAN be vaccinated, IS vaccinated...and when, for the time being, other reasonable measures to minimize person to person spread, are taken.

You ignore those restrictions at your peril and the peril of your community - your friends, family, countrymen, who are all doing their part to get past this f*cking virus.

Also, I hope to f*ck parents take the vaccines on offer for their kids. My wife and I certainly will the first day there is a safe, effective vaccine approved by our regulator (based on the advice of medical experts). Can't wait.

This is not a conspiracy. It's a sh*tty virus, and we have available, through a miracle of modern science, vaccine (s)!!! that work really well, in record time. Take a goddamned vaccine. Please.

I'm annoyed. I don't read these forums often, and when I do, I'm pissed off to see this sh*t. And to see it at work. It's stupid. Take the f*cking vaccine or f*ck right off. I'm f*cking done with this sh*t.
Relax. Everything is going to be ok. The world isn’t out to get you. If you are unhappy with the current situation there are options in the modern era. You could, for example, relocate to another region more in keeping with your expectations. Based on what you write I would recommend the Middle Kingdom. There you wouldn’t need worry about any of these things.

If you decide to stay. I recommend you don’t leave the house, never have anyone over and homeschool your kids for the duration of your life.

You won’t regret it either way.
You know, I ought not read the COVID forums any longer.

Throughout this pandemic I and my wife have continued to work, I have continued to travel fairly extensively for work, including internationally, and our child has continued to go to daycare, albeit with a hiatus during peak lockdown. I'm planning to go to my company Christmas part this year, and to see family for the first time in two years.

We've also exercised reasonable precautions; masking, limiting contact, vaccines when available, etc.

No-one is advocating for becoming a shut-in (well, I'm certainly not)... That said, we must recognize where we are; COVID is real. It's certainly a disease I'd like to avoid...and I'd like to minimize the chances of my loved ones, friends, coworkers and broader community members catching it.

I'd like nothing better than to back 2 years, with none of the COVID restrictions.... And do you know the fastest way to get somewhere closer to that? It's for everyone that can get vaccinated, to get vaccinated...and to continue practicing reasonable precautions to limit the spread of this virus where able. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so...but that's me.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am Nothing is going back to normal. This is the trouble with pandemicists, you don’t see what is right in front of you. The only way out of this is to accept that the coronavirus which originated in Wuhan China will stay with us forever. It’s not going away. No amount of you forcing your views on anyone will change that. The masks didn’t make it go away, the lockdowns didn’t make it go away, your miracle vaccines didn’t make it go away… it’s not going away. And as long as you pandemicists continue to insist on the wrong solutions nothing will change. Square peg round hole.
The problem is always someone else's fault, eh?

COVID is the fault of the Chinese.
The Cold War is the fault of the Russians.
Gas prices are the fault of Trudeau.
Not being allowed to call people retarded is the fault of the left.

What's it like feeling like the world is out to get you?

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

I WAS Pez wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 pm You know, I ought not read the COVID forums any longer.

Throughout this pandemic I and my wife have continued to work, I have continued to travel fairly extensively for work, including internationally, and our child has continued to go to daycare, albeit with a hiatus during peak lockdown. I'm planning to go to my company Christmas part this year, and to see family for the first time in two years.

We've also exercised reasonable precautions; masking, limiting contact, vaccines when available, etc.

No-one is advocating for becoming a shut-in (well, I'm certainly not)... That said, we must recognize where we are; COVID is real. It's certainly a disease I'd like to avoid...and I'd like to minimize the chances of my loved ones, friends, coworkers and broader community members catching it.

I'd like nothing better than to back 2 years, with none of the COVID restrictions.... And do you know the fastest way to get somewhere closer to that? It's for everyone that can get vaccinated, to get vaccinated...and to continue practicing reasonable precautions to limit the spread of this virus where able. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so...but that's me.
Shit, so what you are saying is you are more of a plague rat than me? I haven’t been travelling, I have been keeping to myself.

Here we have people who will stand on a soap box and blame other people for covid, yet they are willing to travel, work, etc and put themselves out there to spread covid. I don’t have kids, but wtf? You have kids in daycare? During a deadly pandemic! Spreading rona everywhere… like wtf is wrong with people. Take your damn kids out of a Petri dish. It’s like the people who wore a mask but spent hours upon hours out shopping and being in public as much as possible feel superior in flattering the curve. The best thing you can do is stay home, then after that wearing a mask etc you start adding layers for when you can’t stay home.

Isn’t that ironic. Some of the people who brag about how good they follow rules, also are the same people who were willing to risk peoples lives by travelling and putting themselves out there. I guess no one measures how much time you spend out shopping. But if you went out to a store half hour once without a mask ohhhh fuckkk did you ever get noticed! :lol:

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Great! The way to get back to normal is to just pretend COVID doesn't exist. How obvious is that? Why didn't I think of that before?

So what if the hospitals are so full that patients need to be shipped off to other provinces? I don't need a hospital. That's a problem the government should have fixed by now.

So what if people are dying? The only ones who are dying are the smokers and the fatties.

Nope! Not me! I'm big and tough, so my strong immune system can fight the Wuhan Flu if I ever get it. Which I won't, because I choose to believe it doesn't exist.

Yep, all of this is CLEARLY the right way, and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and stupid.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:17 am
imjustlurking wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 am
FOD wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am Nothing is going back to normal. This is the trouble with pandemicists, you don’t see what is right in front of you. The only way out of this is to accept that the coronavirus which originated in Wuhan China will stay with us forever. It’s not going away. No amount of you forcing your views on anyone will change that. The masks didn’t make it go away, the lockdowns didn’t make it go away, your miracle vaccines didn’t make it go away… it’s not going away. And as long as you pandemicists continue to insist on the wrong solutions nothing will change. Square peg round hole.
The problem is always someone else's fault, eh?

COVID is the fault of the Chinese.
The Cold War is the fault of the Russians.
Gas prices are the fault of Trudeau.
Not being allowed to call people retarded is the fault of the left.

What's it like feeling like the world is out to get you?

Anger is on you. If you think the Chinese aren’t to blame for this it shows just how, quite honestly, stupid, you are. Of course I wouldn’t expect anything less from you. You‘be demonstrated your hate and ignorance over and over.
Good to know. I am quite stupid, hateful, and ignorant.

Thank you for letting me know.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm https://www.wsj.com/articles/ottawa-sen ... 1637123408

100 percent vaccinated team, leads to 40 percent of team getting covid.

Where did this “90 percent effective” figure come from? :lol:
100% of 40%= 40%
90% of 40% = 36%! I see a pattern! I solved COVID! :lol:

Return to “Covid”