Mandatory Vaccines for Everyone

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Mandatory Vaccines for Everyone

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:26 am
imjustlurking wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:19 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:08 pm

The internet police are out!
There's no policing here. If I thought it would make any difference, I would have reported your comment, but it won't.

The best thing I can do is call you out for your inappropriate actions and hope that your friends, family, and peers do the same.
Pot and kettle.
Please, tell me what I have said that is derogatory and out of line.
---------- ADS -----------

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

It's just scary that strangers on the internet squabble with each other on points for weeks over matters that they have no influence on, actually inhabit professional flight decks.

Littlefish
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Littlefish »

photofly wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:14 pm
FL320 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:43 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:57 pm Great news for them.

Does this mean the pandemic is over for Australia? No way the pandemic could continue with a mandatory vaccine that's 90 percent effective.
Exactly; not mandating this experimental substance is the joker card for the government to blame the unvaccinated (and keep excited the psychopaths like Pelmet). Now we’ll really see how it’s effective; i wonder who the government is gonna blame then; I can’t wait 😅
That's right; the whole pandemic was a plan to coerce and control the population with the icing on the cake being that the population has to remain uncoerced and uncontrolled so there's an out group to blame for the lack of success at tackling the disease that was invented as an excuse to be able to coerce and control the population. It all makes perfect sense. If you take the right drugs.
Why don't you focus on some real problems rather than inventing false realities?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

sicamore wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:57 pm It's just scary that strangers on the internet squabble with each other on points for weeks over matters that they have no influence on, actually inhabit professional flight decks.
I would hope that pilots won't be getting into heated debates regarding vaccines on the flight deck. I guess that it helps that only the vaccinated have access to the flight deck.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Hahahahahahaha!!

You’re the one who’s going to be sick.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

FOD wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:24 pm Go away pandemicist. Isn’t their some other radical hideout you can go to? Honestly. You are one sick piece of work.
So this sub forum should just become an echo chamber for the unvaccinated? There's lots of other places for that. The Free 2 Fly hub, Chris Sky's discord, and innumerable telegram and signal chat groups. The moderators have made it clear that no points of view are being suppressed here.

That said, the unvaccinated pilots are a vocal minority, disproportionately represented in these threads.

In most 705 operators, only 1-3% of pilots had to be placed on unpaid leave for their vaccination status.

As one of the thousands of pilots furloughed in the early pandemic, I can't wait to get back to work. Most companies laid off 15-25% of their pilots. Some companies stopped flying entirely.

As we return, I don't think 1-3% of pilots are going to be missed when you have so many furloughed pilots waiting to come back.

I agree that we shouldn't attack the unvaccinated, they are free to choose. Those choices have consequences, and the unvaccinated need to take personal responsibility to accept those consequences. The mandates are not going away anytime soon. The vaccines are giving our passengers the confidence they need to fly again, and bring our industry back to normal.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:24 pm
Please learn how to properly use the PHPBB quote tags. The only thing more annoying than your head being stuck in your ass is having to decipher your message from the mix of HTML and BBCode tags.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

FOD wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:51 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 am
FOD wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:24 pm
Please learn how to properly use the PHPBB quote tags. The only thing more annoying than your head being stuck in your ass is having to decipher your message from the mix of HTML and BBCode tags.

What did you say, I can’t hear you, your coming through stupid.
The irony, it’s you’re as in, you are stupid:)

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

FOD wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:06 pm Just leave people the @#$! alone.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

YYZSaabGuy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:57 pm Does this mean the pandemic is over for Australia? No way the pandemic could continue with a mandatory vaccine that's 90 percent effective.
You do realize that Austria and Australia are not the same country, right?
With globalism, we are all the same.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

FOD wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:06 pm I am fiercely opposed to the little fascists that have taken this situation as an opportunity to put boots on the necks of their neighbours and co workers. We’ve already done this as a civilization with disastrous consequences and these ignorant fools are stepping right into it again. That’s what my posts are about, hence the reference to pandemicism. I don’t care take the vaccine or not. Just leave people the @#$! alone.
This is far and away the most disturbing phenomenon of the pandemic in our country as well as other democracies. As a fully vaccinated person, I believe the vaccines are a valuable tool in keeping a handle on this virus, but they are NOT a silver bullet and mandating their administration makes our society less fair and equitable and moves us towards authoritarianism. While our society has had vaccine requirements in various forms before, this one is very different. When I flew medevac years ago, I had to produce proof of certain vaccinations in order to hold the job. If I chose not to for any reason, I would not have been eligible to hold that job, but I still had other opportunities. This is not the case when it comes to this mandate. Law abiding citizens can be shut out of entire careers that they may have worked their whole lives towards. Pro mandate folks will point out that we still have freedom of choice, but that's just one small part of true freedom as it ignores freedom of opportunity. Our government has taken the freedom of equitable opportunity out of the hands of the people and has made themselves the gatekeeper of that opportunity and will only offer it to those who either willingly fall in line, or those who can be coerced into trading in their autonomy. They have mandated an obvious, yet clever end-around in order to bring a section of the population to heel. Regardless of your own personal beliefs about the vaccine and pandemic, anyone who believes that our government should be allowed to subjugate a portion of the law-abiding population based on their lack of willingness to make the same personal health decision that you did, needs to very carefully re-evaluate that thinking. This is not the direction that power is supposed to flow in a democracy. The government is supposed to bend to the people, not the other way around. History shows that allowing that flow of power to reverse, even a little, is a very dangerous precedent to set.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

That’s all great. Except one thing. Actually, several.

You still need an aviation medical to be a pilot. Why aren’t you people choosing that as the bridge to die on in this silly “mah freedumb” movement?

There are still almost limitless possibilities for a career outside of aviation, healthcare, and public service. If you are averse to government regulations or interference… boy I’m sorry to say did you ever choose the wrong profession.

Just make sure in your career change that you don’t choose to be a teacher to make a lot of money, or a resource worker for the job security and to be home every night, or a lawyer for the short hours and stress-free work environment.

Freedom of equitable opportunity doesn’t exist. It’s never existed. Where’s the equal opportunity for someone who doesn’t have a driver’s license? Someone who doesn’t have a passport? A social insurance number? There are people who don’t have any of those.. those things that didn’t exist until someone in the government decided they should and society evolved around them, pushing those without further away. Where were the cries of fascism, then?

We are in the middle of a pandemic and the government is reacting in the best interests of the people. Hospital ERs and ICUs are not filling up—they are full—of COVID-19 patients the huge majority of them unvaccinated. Less than 20% of the population accounts for nearly all of the beds that are taken.. and are going to outlying hospitals or in the case of Alberta, several provinces away.

That’s where your rights to work a job where you come into contact with multiple people or to go into crowded venues as an unvaccinated person end.

Nobody is interested in control. Lol. Control what? You people are uninteresting and most government workers and officials would rather you just did your own thing and not bother anyone. A good method of control is to sedate and paralyze someone, strap them to a bed, and put sensors all over their body and tubes up every orifice. So why are they trying to keep that from happening?

When unvaccinated individuals are the direct cause of this healthcare emergency with their willful ignorance and behaviour, it’s no different than scolding a child or apprehending a criminal. For the greater good of society or even the individual themselves, action has to be taken.

What you have to remember too is that the flow of power isn’t reversing even in the slightest. It’s very easy to pull a Godwin and convince a bunch of mouth breathers that we are headed to a dictatorship—when the closest any of them has been to living under an actual one was when they went to Varadero and ate terrible food.

We haven’t even exhausted the provisions of the Charter yet. Provisions that no government no matter what leaning or era has seen fit to remove. Then there’s the Emergencies Act. We have a minority coalition government that could be given a vote of no confidence and either fall or prorogue parliament. We have a Senate, Governor General as well as a Supreme Court ready to throw up blockades for any unconstitutional legislation or orders in council.

And.. we have the people. Most of whom are vaccinated. Most of whom support the government’s actions. Even religious organizations have made statements saying they support the mandates and that exemption under religious grounds does not qualify for their members.

It’s just a small vocal minority who keep on pulling us backwards.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Bob thinks in a tug of war the minority are pulling in their direction. In reality it’s the majority who are pulling that are the ones going backwards.

“You still need an aviation medical to be a pilot. Why aren’t you people choosing that as the bridge to die on in this silly “mah freedumb” movement?”

Or is it silly to draw these illogical comparisons.

Maybe a fair comparison would be why is the flu shot not mandatory, but the Covid one is.

With the flu and Covid both having voluntary vaccination they look very similar in their outcomes. Rona is just another flu at this point.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Wow what a bunch of toesuckers. Middle of a pandemic huh..yeah right.. hospitals full of unvaxed..yeah right..Never could have imagined that the majority of people would buy this crap. And the whining about "freedumb is overrated". Those arguments are total nonsense coming from big toesuckers.
But here is one for you boys and girls. Never going back to "normal". It is over. Go back to your basement. If you are not living in a basement yet you soon will be. And read a book or two. Maybe "The Real Anthony Fauci" will clear up that brain fog. Keep voting for Justin, Suzuki and Biden. You get what you deserve.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

How is this new variant entering Canada when only vaccinated people are being allowed to travel.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

woah woah woah....don't start thinking for yourself. Did your newsfeed say you could ask that?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

trey kule wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am How is this new variant entering Canada when only vaccinated people are being allowed to travel.
Who said that any Covid vaccin would be 100% effective against a new variant?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

trey kule wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am How is this new variant entering Canada when only vaccinated people are being allowed to travel.
Oh Man this site.....

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

TG wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 am
Who said that any Covid vaccin would be 100% effective against a new variant?
Does the science recommend getting the booster now, or should I wait till 2022 for the Moderna omniunicorn variant booster? Or should I get a booster now and the unicorn booster in 4 months? Or will the omniunicorn shot be two doses. So booster now, then in 4 months new vaccine first dose, then 28 days and get the second dose?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

The good news is that stocks are on sale right now...

Return to “Covid”