Webster changes another definition. Anti-vaxxer

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Webster changes another definition. Anti-vaxxer

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Earlier this year Webster changed the definition of “vaccine” to be more inclusive of substances that may not provide immunity. By using the word immune it gave the impression that vaccines have to be highly effective and give immunity. This is no longer used in the definition.

A more recent change is “Anti-vaxxer”. This word is fairly new to the dictionary. In 2008, anti-vaxer was defined as someone who opposed all vaccines.

To keep up with the general loose use of the term, Webster has modified the definition in 2021 to

a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccination

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-vaxxer

I reckon this makes many more people anti-vaxers than the previous definition. Apparently, 40 percent of Canadians are Anti Vax. You may choose to take a vaccine however if your employer mandates a vaccine and you oppose the regulation, you are also antivax. Looks like the airlines in Canada still have thousands of anti vax pilots.

Now I take a whole lot less offence to being called anti vax. I’m actually proud to be anti vax. I am happy for everyone to take a vaccine if they want it, however I am against regulations to mandate vaccines. It would have to be a critical circumstance where I might agree to a vaccine mandate, however these things work themselves out. If a disease has a high mortality rate or life changing symptoms, you wouldn’t need to mandate a vaccine, people would line up for it. IMO covid and the way this has been managed doesn’t warrant mandatory vaccine policy, but that’s just my opinion.

Antivax and proud of it.

Captain poopy pants.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Webster changes another definition. Anti-vaxxer

Post by Inverted2 »

They don’t say “immunized” as much anymore because the vaccine obviously doesn’t make you immune to the C***a virus. (Censored as to not offend any Woke/SJW/Snowflake peoplekind.)

Let’s Go Brandon
RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Webster changes another definition. Anti-vaxxer

Post by RegionalPilot »

You guys are seriously annoying with your posts. Why don’t you join somekind of a FB group that sees eye to eye with your views and leave the aviation forum free of that spam…?

Return to “Covid”