Further Covidiocy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Further Covidiocy

Post by mmm..bacon »

Live by the sword, die by the sword...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/20 ... ce-boros
Seven anti-vaccine doctors fell sick after gathering earlier this month for a Florida “summit” at which alternative treatments for Covid-19 were discussed.
:roll:
---------- ADS -----------

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Further Covidiocy

Post by chowda »

annnd so what?

They got a cough? The sniffles? runny nose?

A couple of things, a) that the "press" continually is chasing a casedemic, and b) people like you think your showing your superior intellect by linking this kind of crap.

Im loving the fact that your precious "vaccine" is waning only after a few months and you drones continue preach and will line up for never ending boosters to keep your "passes" valid.

Curious, the flu shot is once a year, but the "vaccine" is now looking like every six months(Israel for starters) for a re-jab, so why continue to call it a vaccine?

Gotta have that beer in a pub or trip to disneyland, huh?

Covidiot indeed.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

I was a JW for a good portion of my life and I left because I realized it was a cult.

The policy and group think around COVID have similar parallels.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

chowda wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 pm annnd so what?

A couple of things, a) that the "press" continually is chasing a casedemic, and b) people like you think your showing your superior intellect by linking this kind of crap.

Im loving the fact that your precious "vaccine" is waning only after a few months and you drones continue preach and will line up for never ending boosters to keep your "passes" valid.

Curious, the flu shot is once a year, but the "vaccine" is now looking like every six months(Israel for starters) for a re-jab, so why continue to call it a vaccine?

Covidiot indeed.
Well here in BC unvaccinated people made up 61.7% of hospitalisations from Nov 8-21 despite making up just 9% of the population. Seems pretty good odds to me, even if I do need to get a jab every 6 months.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0073-002247

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

This straight from the WHO - "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
MOST people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment. However, some will become seriously ill and require medical attention.

So a breakdown, as per Health Canada's page - 7% will require hospitilzation, 1.7% of those hospitalized will pass away. The vast majority in their late 80's and with at least one chronic comorbidity.

Not saying that those deaths are dismissable, they're not. But there are many associated deaths being attributed to lockdown measures that are coming to light but are not well reported.

And yeah, some hospitals are busy, like thats never happened in a flu season before(google, lots of history) and the hospitals leaving people in hallways. But thats all inconvenient facts now that screws with the narrative.

But covid cases and deaths. Thats all that matters to the cultists. I've also used that analogy to describe the jabbers. You cant reason with crazy and its their way or the highway and they wish harm upon you for not doing what they're doing.

Most are ecstatic that no covidvaxxed are going through hardships so I cant wait for when the cases will be mostly vaxxed and the booster(s) will be required for the pub passes. They will still try to blame unvaxxed/unboostered because they are too deep down the rabbit hole to ever climb out.

So please all you righteous followers of Terry Tam and Turdboy, enjoy every last one of the 10 each shots they have bought for you and divide up the rest amongst yourselves. Im gonna sit back and watch you all go crazy when you finally realize you've been duped and your immune system is fucked.

:lol:

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:39 pm
chowda wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 pm annnd so what?

Covidiot indeed.
Well here in BC unvaccinated people made up 61.7% of hospitalisations from Nov 8-21 despite making up just 9% of the population. Seems pretty good odds to me, even if I do need to get a jab every 6 months.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0073-002247

Yeah, and that ratio keeps dropping everytime they report it. All you have to do is look to Gibralter, Europe, Israel, singapore, etc to see what will happen here. They were all ahead of canada vaxx wise.

Did you also happen to read what demographic is making up the hospitalizations?? Me neither, because they wont release that info. Health Canada is the only place I found reporting it.
Majority are obese, hypertensive, have heart disease, diabetic, or have some form of auto immune disease.

I know personally a family of three who all got covid and all recovered one with barely a sniffle, the daughter about a week of cold symptoms, the mother had the flu for about 9 days. all fine, all unvaccinated. He shut down his auto repair business for 2 weeks because the Health nazis demanded it. Age is early 50's for the parents, early 20's for the daughter. All of them in good health.

Another friend over the summer, we are all out at a pub, about 12 of us sitting at a table for about 4 hours. All vaxxed but me. Two end up having covid afterwards. Both beer gut semi obese heavy drinkers. Both were really sick for over two weeks but made it out. they said it was like previous bad flu's. They both had to quarantine, as did my unvaxxed friends.

Me, nothing.

Anyway, what all you propokers should be on about is treatments. In BC, you get tested and then get told that when you cant breath then go check in.
There is, after 2 years, ZERO treatment for anybody diagnosed with covid who has symptoms. You show up to the hospital closer to death because of complete neglect by the medical system.

Thats what you guys should be pissed about.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Cool. So let's say we got rid of all the restrictions immediately.

The cases spike, but sure, that doesn't matter.

How many hospitalizations and deaths are acceptable? I mean, it's just the fatties and the smokers in the hospitals, right? At what point would restrictions be acceptable to you?

If you were in charge, what would that look like?

Or do all the fat smokers deserve the consequences of their life choices?

Here is a snapshot of COVID death rates from around the world in the last seven days:

Canada: 4 deaths per million
Israel: 3 deaths per million
Denmark: 7 deaths per million (weren't people applauding how they started opening up recently?)
UK: 14 deaths per million
Norway: 16 deaths per million (didn't they lift their restrictions too?)
Germany: 18 deaths per million
USA: 22 deaths per million
Austria: 34 deaths per million (instituting mandatory vaccination for all)
Russia: 60 deaths per million
Hungary: 105 deaths per million
Bulgaria: 143 deaths per million

Multiply those rates by 38.2 to get the raw number of deaths for the Canadian population in one week.

What death rate are you willing to accept?

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

How many flu/pneumonia deaths are acceptable? Canada will have 25-40 non covid respiratory viral deaths a day during flu season. Have we been doing this wrong for a long time? We could have locked down for the flu massacre of 2015 and 2018, but no one seems to care about flu deaths and hallways medicine of the past. Maybe we should be consistent.

I don’t have a specific number, but apparently the vaccine are very effective according to the data presented here. So I would think, if the vaccine is effective and it’s free and available to anyone who wants it, we should drop all the restrictions.

Death counts are meaningless, the vaccinated are safe. Should we feel bad for those who choose not to get vaccinated and get sick? I say nah… time to go back to normal.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 pm How many flu/pneumonia deaths are acceptable? Canada will have 25-40 non covid respiratory viral deaths a day during flu season. Have we been doing this wrong for a long time? We could have locked down for the flu massacre of 2015 and 2018, but no one seems to care about flu deaths and hallways medicine of the past. Maybe we should be consistent.

I don’t have a specific number, but apparently the vaccine are very effective according to the data presented here. So I would think, if the vaccine is effective and it’s free and available to anyone who wants it, we should drop all the restrictions.

Death counts are meaningless, the vaccinated are safe. Should we feel bad for those who choose not to get vaccinated and get sick? I say nah… time to go back to normal.
Well I know you're opposed to mandates. So I'll assume you're cool with a death rate of 40 people per day, which is 280 per week. A rate of 7.3 deaths per million people.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 pm How many flu/pneumonia deaths are acceptable? Canada will have 25-40 non covid respiratory viral deaths a day during flu season. Have we been doing this wrong for a long time? We could have locked down for the flu massacre of 2015 and 2018, but no one seems to care about flu deaths and hallways medicine of the past. Maybe we should be consistent.

Well I know you're opposed to mandates. So I'll assume you're cool with a death rate of 40 people per day, which is 280 per week. A rate of 7.3 deaths per million people.
If you could go back to 2018, would you advocate for lockdowns and vaccine mandates to prevent those thousands of flu deaths? Were we just doing it wrong back then?

I don’t see my opinion on lockdown as radical. I am opposed to them because they don’t seem to be an effective long term solution. We seem to be in restriction mode, but what for when we have a vaccine?

Covid most closely resembles influenza, so in my mind we should not be doing something radically different than how we dealt with the flu. Is that such a radical way to think?

Last edited by CYERCaptainPooping on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

So a couple of things,

What would I do? Right now, I want to know why is covid spreading in places where there are supposed to be high 90 percentile vaxxed, and unvaxxed are not permitted.

What are the vaccinated so frightened of with regards to unvaxxed people? I hear all kinds of comments about how "the vaccinated must be protected from the unvaxxed!".

Why? Isn't that what the "vaccine" was advertised as being able to do? You know, we get 70% vaxxed to get herd immunity and you get your freedom back??
What happened to that and all the fear if you believe so hard in a vaxx? Like is mentioned, if there was truth in that statement only the unvaxxed should be worried.

Secondly, why is the continent of Africa, with low vaxx and low resources in treating covid almost completely missing out on all of this, when heavy vaccinated areas are having large upswing in cases(Gibralter, Iceland, Italy, etc)?

https://www.informnny.com/news/scientis ... -disaster/

The fatty's and smokers - They alone cause the highest cases of hospitalizations well before covid yet hardly anyone even squeaked about it because "its offensive". Health Canada has accurate stats showing this demographic are the hardest hit by covid, or any virus for that matter. Both conditions are 100% preventable and reversable, but thats a completely different rabbit hole.

My points are that our "LEADERS" have done absolutely NOTHING to promote either improving personal health through either diet or exercise, nor have they kept an open mind to ANY kind of prophylactic that shown any sort of promise. If it ain't vaccine, its immediately ridiculed and debunked, everywhere.

But hey, lets shut down gyms, indoor or outdoor exercise venues, get fined while outside walking or playing hockey, etc, etc. Just stay in your home, for your health and protection. Liquor, cannabis, fast food joints are fine though.

Stats can has some predictions on how keeping people shut in is likely to pan out.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/45- ... 19-eng.htm

Summary - more emphasis on people taking care of/improving their own health because it's very obvious that the medical system is next to hopeless in addressing this.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

chowda wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm why is the continent of Africa, with low vaxx and low resources in treating covid almost completely missing out on all of this, when heavy vaccinated areas are having large upswing in cases(Gibralter, Iceland, Italy, etc)?
You are comparing apple with orange.

How about this in Africa:
-Bad reporting system?
-Absence of road networks, the disease has not spread to rural areas?
-Little local transmission as most activities in rural areas occur outdoors? (55% lives in rural areas)
-The elderly tend to move to the rural areas once they retire?
-The elderly aren't put together in retirement homes? (No super-spreading events in care homes)
-Much younger population in general? (3% of the African population is over 65)
-Not much diabetes, hypertension, obesity?
-Weak mortality registration system except in a very few countries?
-Genetic predisposition to fight it?
-Trained Immunity?
-etc...?

All in all:
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/six- ... ted-africa
Six in seven COVID-19 infections go undetected in Africa
Interestingly:
https://www.science.org/content/article ... xplain-why
After testing more than 3000 blood donors, Uyoga and colleagues estimated in a preprint last month that one in 20 Kenyans aged 15 to 64—or 1.6 million people—has antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, an indication of past infection. That would put Kenya on a par with Spain in mid-May when that country was descending from its coronavirus peak and had 27,000 official COVID-19 deaths.
Also, because of all these particularities I listed above:
If tens of millions of Africans have already been infected, that raises the question of whether the continent should try for "herd immunity" without a vaccine, Boum says—the controversial idea of letting the virus run its course to allow the population to become immune, perhaps while shielding the most vulnerable. That might be preferable over control measures that cripple economies and could harm public health more in the long run. "Maybe Africa can afford it"

Nothing is that simple.

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Galaxy »

One thing to watch out for in the reporting of deaths is whether these individuals died of Covid or with Covid. BIG difference.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

chowda wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm Summary - more emphasis on people taking care of/improving their own health because it's very obvious that the medical system is next to hopeless in addressing this.
Okay, so we increase health education and provide incentives to live a healthier life. Cool. Is that something that has been tried elsewhere? Or is your idea so novel and revolutionary that it hasn't been tried anywhere else around the world?

If you feel that strongly about it maybe donate some money to Participaction? I'm sure we can get Hal Johnson and Joanne MacLeod on the case. They even have an open letter to the government advocating for the exact thing you're suggesting. https://www.participaction.com/en-ca

What if, despite these mitigations, people continue to die?

Mr. Poops says he's comfortable with hospitals overflowing into the hallways, and a resultant death rate of 40 people per day, or 7.3 per million.

What if we had the same death rate as the UK? 14 deaths per million per week. For Canada, that would be 76 deaths per day nationwide. What would our hospitals look like?

Is it appropriate to introduce mandates then?

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

I didn’t say I was comfortable with anything.

I asked you, if we have been doing this wrong all along. If we could go back in time would you lockdown, mask and and mandate vaccines for the flu in years prior to Covid? Pretty simple question.

What I was saying is I’m not an expert, so my opinion is that it’s consistent to deal with similar viruses similar ways. My opinion was that it should not be radical to think that way unless the evidence supports we need to do something radically different.

Covid started off as a huge lie as hospitals were not overwhelmed spring 2020 and the death rate was not 7 percent, or 3 percent etc as initially advertised by the WHO. In the beginning we only accepted the radical because we were fed lies. As new evidence emerged such as the age of Covid deaths, mortality rates etc there’s a huge group of people who never adapted and questioned what we are doing.

No need to play the “so what you are saying is” game with me. I think I made myself clear, but you have yet to answer. If you could go back in time would you lockdown, mandate masks and vaccines for the flu as the flu has had worse mortality rates to what our current death rates are today with Covid. It seems like you are the one okay with deaths, but I’ll let you explain yourself so we can all understand how your little brain works.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 am No need to play the “so what you are saying is” game with me. I think I made myself clear, but you have yet to answer. If you could go back in time would you lockdown, mandate masks and vaccines for the flu as the flu has had worse mortality rates to what our current death rates are today with Covid. It seems like you are the one okay with deaths, but I’ll let you explain yourself so we can all understand how your little brain works.
I think I've made it abundantly clear that the COVID death rates around the world are significantly higher than the flu death rate you provided.

If an infectious disease, be it COVID or the flu, overwhelms our hospitals, then I feel that mandates are warranted. Perhaps those who were ill with the flu should have been wearing N95 masks while they had symptoms. That would have had a significant impact on transmission, without needing to mandate it for healthy individuals. But back then, that was only something that Asian countries did.

Perhaps normalizing optional masking will help with the flu moving forward. Long term, we need to elect governments who will make health care improvements a priority.

That's where I stand.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

So we were doing it wrong. I see, well that helps clarify where people stand.

I mean Covid today is no more deadly than the flu with vaccines. If we dropped all measures and had voluntary vaccines (in other words if Covid policy today was exactly the same as flu policy of pre covid) I think we would see very similar hospitalizations and mortality.

So not to put words in your mouth, but if you think we were doing the flu wrong in hindsight, then of course we could really say we need a new normal. This would mean there is absolutely a new normal. The new normal would be if the government says the flu will be extra bad this year, they could mandate flu shots. They could mandate masks for the flu etc.

And if that’s your stance, I disagree because I stick to what I know and not some sort of social science experiment. I don’t know what the consequences of locking down intermittently and all these policies would mean for the long term. I don’t think other countries will actually accept such a way of living. Death is a normal part of life. One of the most normal parts of life really. I think this is why we accepted flu deaths in the past, because disease has a way of being a normal part of living. And yes we take personal precautions like hand washing to prevent spread of disease, but we don’t expect people to take weeks off work to stop the flu. We don’t make policy at other peoples expense to curb a few deaths. So I don’t really believe I’m radical to say I don’t really care or think it’s wrong to not implement policies around Covid if it’s mortality is similar to the flu. We didn’t care then, so why should we care now? Or at least if you want to change some policy to save lives, prove to me the policy doesn’t negatively impact or have consequences for others.

Like if I said, we could save 2 percent of lives from flu or Covid deaths, but it means you can’t work. This is what we need to do to stop these deaths, you stay home indefinitely. Do you accept this? Doctors, teachers etc they all work and get paid (they are not disease spreaders) but you are. You are in aviation and useless, so you stay home to save some lives. Do you accept this? This is basically what happened this pandemic. How long will you accept your life purpose is to stay home and not spread disease? Are you okay if Trudeau shuts airlines down in a month if cases spike? They can just say we are the reason the spread is happening, stay home… hmmm.

I gave you lots to unpack, but do you see where I’m coming from? It’s not really radical to say this is how we did it, so this is how we will do it. If you want change, I could be on board. But real, long term change is not arbitrary government lockdowns, picking and choosing winners and losers etc. make the change meaningful… like you said make more robust healthcare… I’m on board with that. How sensible if hospitals need more beds, hire more staff. I’m on board!

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:05 am So we were doing it wrong. I see, well that helps clarify where people stand.

I mean Covid today is no more deadly than the flu with vaccines. If we dropped all measures and had voluntary vaccines (in other words if Covid policy today was exactly the same as flu policy of pre covid) I think we would see very similar hospitalizations and mortality.

So not to put words in your mouth, but if you think we were doing the flu wrong in hindsight, then of course we could really say we need a new normal. This would mean there is absolutely a new normal. The new normal would be if the government says the flu will be extra bad this year, they could mandate flu shots. They could mandate masks for the flu etc.

And if that’s your stance, I disagree because I stick to what I know and not some sort of social science experiment. I don’t know what the consequences of locking down intermittently and all these policies would mean for the long term. I don’t think other countries will actually accept such a way of living. Death is a normal part of life. One of the most normal parts of life really. I think this is why we accepted flu deaths in the past, because disease has a way of being a normal part of living. And yes we take personal precautions like hand washing to prevent spread of disease, but we don’t expect people to take weeks off work to stop the flu. We don’t make policy at other peoples expense to curb a few deaths. So I don’t really believe I’m radical to say I don’t really care or think it’s wrong to not implement policies around Covid if it’s mortality is similar to the flu. We didn’t care then, so why should we care now? Or at least if you want to change some policy to save lives, prove to me the policy doesn’t negatively impact or have consequences for others.

Like if I said, we could save 2 percent of lives from flu or Covid deaths, but it means you can’t work. This is what we need to do to stop these deaths, you stay home indefinitely. Do you accept this? Doctors, teachers etc they all work and get paid (they are not disease spreaders) but you are. You are in aviation and useless, so you stay home to save some lives. Do you accept this? This is basically what happened this pandemic. How long will you accept your life purpose is to stay home and not spread disease? Are you okay if Trudeau shuts airlines down in a month if cases spike? They can just say we are the reason the spread is happening, stay home… hmmm.

I gave you lots to unpack, but do you see where I’m coming from? It’s not really radical to say this is how we did it, so this is how we will do it. If you want change, I could be on board. But real, long term change is not arbitrary government lockdowns, picking and choosing winners and losers etc. make the change meaningful… like you said make more robust healthcare… I’m on board with that. How sensible if hospitals need more beds, hire more staff. I’m on board!
Thank you for your insight Dr. Pooper. I will take your opinion with as much regard as I take the medical professionals who have spent decades studying infectious diseases.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Experts in infectious disease are not economists. They are a very narrow field in a very large web of issues surrounding Covid. Maybe ask yourself why a disease expert says Walmart should stay open but small but should close? Ask more questions as you deserve answers. You are welcome, glad you enjoyed my insight lol.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:32 am Experts in infectious disease are not economists. They are a very narrow field in a very large web of issues surrounding Covid. Maybe ask yourself why a disease expert says Walmart should stay open but small but should close? Ask more questions as you deserve answers. You are welcome, glad you enjoyed my insight lol.
You are absolutely correct, but your point is irrelevant.

The statement that apples are not bananas is as irrelevant to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about as PhDs specializing in infectious disease.

Return to “Covid”