Further Covidiocy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Further Covidiocy

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:36 am
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:32 am Experts in infectious disease are not economists. They are a very narrow field in a very large web of issues surrounding Covid. Maybe ask yourself why a disease expert says Walmart should stay open but small but should close? Ask more questions as you deserve answers. You are welcome, glad you enjoyed my insight lol.
You are absolutely correct, but your point is irrelevant.

The statement that apples are not bananas is as irrelevant to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about as PhDs specializing in infectious disease.
Sure I know what I’m talking about. I’m talking about what is right for me. We are our own experts. That’s why freedoms are amazing, you don’t have to live by science, and what experts dictate. You can be artistic, spiritual, scientific etc. I take in all information and make choices. Some decisions are based on science, sometimes I use morals or values etc.

My points are not irrelevant, they are just irrelevant to you because you choose what information you want to value.
---------- ADS -----------

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

We could start with paid sick days for all. 5-10 paid days off so people don't have to choose between their health and paying the bills.

Would also cut down significantly on workplace transmission.

Seems obvious, right? So why won't our provincial governments do it?

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bingo Fuel wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 am We could start with paid sick days for all. 5-10 paid days off so people don't have to choose between their health and paying the bills.

Would also cut down significantly on workplace transmission.

Seems obvious, right? So why won't our provincial governments do it?
DOFO is an ass hat. Does anyone like that guy?

But instead of that they will just make everyone sign a form to go to work. Then if you go to work with cold symptoms you are liable.

I agree, sick days is a good thing.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Completely agreed! His decision to keep big box stores open, and close down small businesses was completely idiotic.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 am DOFO is an ass hat. Does anyone like that guy?
F* me... Pooper can say something agreeable!

Politics is a multi-dimensional spectrum. Most people try to plot it out on a single axis, which is why there are plenty of people who hate the right or hate the left. DoFo is noticeably but not significantly right wing and he definitely sides with corporation over population. Justin Trudeau is similar, but he is just barely right of center.

I would like to see a Liberal or Conservative who was for the people first.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:53 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 am DOFO is an ass hat. Does anyone like that guy?
F* me... Pooper can say something agreeable!

Politics is a multi-dimensional spectrum. Most people try to plot it out on a single axis, which is why there are plenty of people who hate the right or hate the left. DoFo is noticeably but not significantly right wing and he definitely sides with corporation over population. Justin Trudeau is similar, but he is just barely right of center.

I would like to see a Liberal or Conservative who was for the people first.
Very hard to find. Give people power and they will take advantage of it. All the party leaders in Canada are in it for themselves. My solution is less power, less government, and then I don't really give a hoot what they try to do.

Jagmeet and Maxime act worlds apart but they both have lots in common. If either was in power they would both fill the pockets of their friends and make political decisions to buy votes.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Didn’t want to start a new thread, but brace yourself!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/25/who-cal ... tions.html

New variant in Africa being called horrific by scientists. Apparently will be resistant to current vaccines.

And in other covidiocy

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5682074

Businesses were told to buy plexiglass to creat barriers, and now the science says that was dumb! All fo-show. We have idiots running public health excusing themselves as “we use the best science at the time, but the science changes every day”

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:25 pm Didn’t want to start a new thread, but brace yourself!

New variant in Africa being called horrific by scientists. Apparently will be resistant to current vaccines.

And in other covidiocy

Businesses were told to buy plexiglass to creat barriers, and now the science says that was dumb! All fo-show. We have idiots running public health excusing themselves as “we use the best science at the time, but the science changes every day”
Don’t call it the African variant or you’ll be called a wassist bigot by the Church of Covid followers. Haha

Let’s Go Brandon
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

So Covid expert chowda missed something about Africa then.
chowda wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm why is the continent of Africa, with low vaxx and low resources in treating covid almost completely missing out on all of this
And thanks for the good laugh poopy master when you wrote some posts above that you were "no expert but...." And then went on a whole litany about what we should do or not do regarding this pandemic.

Remember:
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:32 am Experts in infectious disease are not economists.
And so are you.

That's why and to put it simply, health recommandations from infectious diseases experts ends up to political panels for some brain storming I guess. But ultimately it's the country leader with all the cards at hands who will make decisions, aiming for the best possible outcome!
Not Karen or Joe Blow living in 52 avenue Apt 13, Scorchhorn, AB who think they know better.

Like any flight where its pilot/Captain is paid for his decision making while not being a total expert in weather, maintenance, etc...He gets his cards and make his call (he or her)
Not Karen or Joe Blow seated in 22B and C who think they know better.

I'm still trying to figure out what makes any anti-vaxer a pandemic expert.
Actually there is a name for that! It's called the "Dunning Kruger effect" in which people overestimate their knowledge about a subject and underestimate how much they don’t know! :mrgreen:

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:25 pm Didn’t want to start a new thread, but brace yourself!

And in other covidiocy

Don’t call it the African variant or you’ll be called a wassist bigot by the Church of Covid followers. Haha
Africa is a continent with many identifiable groups.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

What makes a vaxer an expert? The TV? How about all those footballers in Europe falling over on the field. What do think that is all about? I wonder. Hmmmm. History lesson. See a pattern here? Fauci, the WHO, CDC, UN and big Pharmacy it is one big club. You should be very concerned about your wellbeing. And now they want to vax the kids? Why?

2000 Y2K we all gonna die
2001 Anthrax we all gonna die
2002 West Nile we all gonna die
2003 SARS we all gonna die
2005 Bird Flu we all gonna die
2006 Ecoli we all gonna die
2008 Financial crisis we all gonna die
2009 Swine Flu we all gonna die
2012 Mayan Calendar we all gonna die
2013 North Korea we all gonna die
2014 Ebola we all gonna die
2015 ISIS we all gonna die
2016 Zika we all gonna die
2016-2020 Trump we all gonna die
2020-2022 Corona we all gonna die

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

palebird wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 am What makes a vaxer an expert? The TV? How about all those footballers in Europe falling over on the field. What do think that is all about? I wonder. Hmmmm. History lesson. See a pattern here? Fauci, the WHO, CDC, UN and big Pharmacy it is one big club. You should be very concerned about your wellbeing. And now they want to vax the kids? Why?

2000 Y2K we all gonna die
2001 Anthrax we all gonna die
2002 West Nile we all gonna die
2003 SARS we all gonna die
2005 Bird Flu we all gonna die
2006 Ecoli we all gonna die
2008 Financial crisis we all gonna die
2009 Swine Flu we all gonna die
2012 Mayan Calendar we all gonna die
2013 North Korea we all gonna die
2014 Ebola we all gonna die
2015 ISIS we all gonna die
2016 Zika we all gonna die
2016-2020 Trump we all gonna die
2020-2022 Corona we all gonna die
Again, as someone who is vaccinated I never said I was a virologist, scientist, medical or economical expert, that's why I'm following advices from them.

But you anti-vax certainly sounds like some home made experts picking up their advices straight from their noses or Youtube, instagram, facebook, tweeter, random forums, WhatsApp, Tik Tok, etc...

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

TG wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:11 am Image
Don't get me started on Canadian geese.

I had my bike stolen by one when I was a teenager.

Return to “Covid”