Anti-vaxxers got Covid at Anti-vax Meeting and Died

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Anti-vaxxers got Covid at Anti-vax Meeting and Died

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

When does a pandemic become endemic? Seems like everyone accepts Covid is here for good, we have a vaccine. Are we really living in a pandemic? How likely are we to see a wave of cases or deaths higher than previous peaks? Seems to me this is endemic now so why don’t they drop the term pandemic.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:16 pm When does a pandemic become endemic? Seems like everyone accepts Covid is here for good, we have a vaccine. Are we really living in a pandemic? How likely are we to see a wave of cases or deaths higher than previous peaks? Seems to me this is endemic now so why don’t they drop the term pandemic.
You haven't posted in a few days and I thought that we all got lucky and you decided to stop trolling this forum.

I was wrong.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:17 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:16 pm When does a pandemic become endemic? Seems like everyone accepts Covid is here for good, we have a vaccine. Are we really living in a pandemic? How likely are we to see a wave of cases or deaths higher than previous peaks? Seems to me this is endemic now so why don’t they drop the term pandemic.
You haven't posted in a few days and I thought that we all got lucky and you decided to stop trolling this forum.

I was wrong.
I have been recovering from the rona. Couldn’t taste anything. Worst week of my life by far. Definitely should come up with a cure so people can taste food while they get this virus. It’s awful. In the bright side I guess I don’t need a vaccine for immunity. That’s a big bonus, won’t have to go tasteless week ever again.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:01 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:17 pm

I was wrong.
I have been recovering from the rona. Couldn’t taste anything. Worst week of my life by far. Definitely should come up with a cure so people can taste food while they get this virus. It’s awful. In the bright side I guess I don’t need a vaccine for immunity. That’s a big bonus, won’t have to go tasteless week ever again.
Are you still having any effects. Long haul could show up soon. And imagine if you have given this to some 70 year old whose vaccine has waned, they may not do as well as you did. And it sounds like you didn’t do very well.

Or just making stuff up.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

No posts for a few days. So what’s the deal captain. Did you really get Covid or was it just an attempt at humour.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

pelmet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 am No posts for a few days. So what’s the deal captain. Did you really get Covid or was it just an attempt at humour.
Being serious for a moment, brain damage is a known effect of COVID and is affecting hundreds of thousands of people.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

imjustlurking wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 am
pelmet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 am No posts for a few days. So what’s the deal captain. Did you really get Covid or was it just an attempt at humour.
Being serious for a moment, brain damage is a known effect of COVID and is affecting hundreds of thousands of people.
That will be my excuse from now on. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

imjustlurking wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:06 am
Cognitive issues from long haul syndrome along with physical disabilities. Perhaps, the captain is exhausted and lying in bed. Or embarrassed to tell us after all his posts that he didn't get his vaccine, got Covid, and is now paying the price.

Best to get your vaccine shot.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Thanks for your unqualified advice that nobody asked for.

I had covid very early on(Feb 2020), and although it sucked for most of a month and Im in the OMG age over 50 range, guess what? Im one of the 93% that did not require hospitalization or was/is jabbed and can totally see how utterly brainwashed a number of you are in this thread, and more concerningly, arrogantly abusive to anybody or anything non compliant to your groupthink.

I've avoided commenting for a long time on here but you know what, @#$! all you pro jabbers. I trully wish nothing but hardship for all of you who have, and continue, to spew your brainwashed vitriolic narrowminded abusive "replies" to anybody who doesn't fall in line with your collective groupthink.

Cult memembers is what most of your behaviours are indicative of. Trying to debate a JW on my doorstep has more potential and has been more adult, kind, and intelligent than what I've seen here.

Pat

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm

I had covid very early on(Feb 2020), and although it sucked for most of a month and Im in the OMG age over 50 range, guess what? Im one of the 93% that did not require hospitalization or was/is jabbed and can totally see how utterly brainwashed a number of you are in this thread, and more concerningly, arrogantly abusive to anybody or anything non compliant to your groupthink.

I've avoided commenting for a long time on here but you know what, @#$! all you pro jabbers. I trully wish nothing but hardship for all of you who have, and continue, to spew your brainwashed vitriolic narrowminded abusive "replies" to anybody who doesn't fall in line with your collective groupthink.

Cult memembers is what most of your behaviours are indicative of. Trying to debate a JW on my doorstep has more potential and has been more adult, kind, and intelligent than what I've seen here.

Pat
I know we are terrible, but none of us have been doing the adult, kind, intelligent things you desire like blocking ambulances going into hospitals.

You really should get your vaccine shot.

Last edited by pelmet on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Conflicting Traffic
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm ...arrogantly abusive to anybody or anything non compliant to your groupthink.
Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm ... @#$! all you pro jabbers. I trully wish nothing but hardship for all of you ... collective groupthink.
Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm Cult memembers is what most of your behaviours are indicative of.
Pat Richard wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm ...more adult, kind, and intelligent than what I've seen here.
The irony is strong in this one.

----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Congratulations. Survivor’s bias. Next you’re going to tell me that you didn’t die of small pox or from not wearing a helmet.

But 7% of your cohorts are clogging up our ICUs. Cohorts you may have had a hand in infecting.

15,000,000 Canadians are over 50. 7% of that is over one million people. A million divided by 22 is an average of 45,000 people per month since this pandemic started.

There’s about 100,000 beds in Canada and people over 50 with COVID by your own figures have taken an average of half of them since the start of this pandemic. This doesn’t account for surges in cases.

If you think that everyone in Canada could get sick at the same time and get a hospital bed, you’re sorely mistaken.
I've avoided commenting for a long time on here but you know what, @#$! all you pro jabbers.
Better to keep your mouth shut…..
I trully wish nothing but hardship for all of you who have, and continue, to spew your brainwashed vitriolic narrowminded abusive "replies" to anybody who doesn't fall in line with your collective groupthink.
Don’t wish your life away. Personally covid has been awesome for me. Vocationally, financially, interpersonally. It hasn’t been very awesome for my clients.
That’s because they are debating make believe with zero stakes. Even they know it in their hearts.

We aren’t.

Merry Christmas. And please, get your vaccinations.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Pat
A month! If I was sick for a month because I refused to get vaccinated I would be regretting my decisions. Sure, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting sick, but it helps your body start fighting the virus sooner so that you don't get as sick and for as long.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

huh!?

We are all unqualified about it in this forum. I certainly am!
What do you do when you are unqualified on a subject? You rely on what true experts are saying.

pelmet was merely relaying their message.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

But 7% of your cohorts are clogging up our ICUs. Cohorts you may have had a hand in infecting.

15,000,000 Canadians are over 50. 7% of that is over one million people. A million divided by 22 is an average of 45,000 people per month since this pandemic started.

There’s about 100,000 beds in Canada and people over 50 with COVID by your own figures have taken an average of half of them since the start of this pandemic. This doesn’t account for surges in cases.
According to the government of Canada daily covid 19 epidemiology update website, a total of 14 009 Canadians over the age of 50 have been admitted to ICU since the beginning of the pandemic, for an average of 637 per month (using the above 22 months calculation.) There have been 17 963 total ICU admissions due to covid in Canada.

These are daily updates numbers taken directly from a government website. Please explain how that fits with the assertion that 45 000 Canadians over 50 are taking up half of all ICU beds every month.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

Post deleted.

Last edited by GyvAir on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

This is my post to convince you to get your kids vaccinated!
yvIvvya.jpeg
yvIvvya.jpeg (129.53 KiB) Viewed 699 times

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

We know the risk of children dying is very small.

The risk of children dying from influenza is very small too, but it’s an unpleasant disease and lots of children get flu shots to save them getting sick. COVID vaccination for children would do this too, as well as protecting adults around them.

The question is how safe are vaccines for children. As long as the risk of vaccines is also extremely low, it’s a good idea for children to be vaccinated. Remember, children turn into adults whose risk from COVID is higher.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

photofly wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:42 pm We know the risk of children dying is very small.

The risk of children dying from influenza is very small too, but it’s an unpleasant disease and lots of children get flu shots to save them getting sick. COVID vaccination for children would do this too, as well as protecting adults around them.

The question is how safe are vaccines for children. As long as the risk of vaccines is also extremely low, it’s a good idea for children to be vaccinated. Remember, children turn into adults whose risk from COVID is higher.
Except the data I published is for nearly two years, and all of Canada, and for a time frame where most of these kids were unvaccinated and yet still Covid deaths are lower than the flu in children (when the flu has a vaccine)

You would be incorrect asking an assumption that the flu has a similar mortality for kids, the flu causes more deaths.

The more Covid spreads around kids the more natural immunity they will have. Lots of experts agree children should not be vaccinated, including organizations like the WHO.

If Covid is non issue for kids, why would you even take a chance with a vaccine? The risk is extremely low.

16 kids under 20 in all of Canada in two years of a pandemic… and parents are losing their minds :lol:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

photofly wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:42 pm We know the risk of children dying is very small.

Just a personal theory, but I think the kids are one of the biggest reasons for the spread. They get it but don’t feel I’ll. Then they spread it to each other at a much higher rate while playing and to adults such as parents.

The younger ones are unvaccinated, so are much more likely to be infected. In order to be cautious and reduce the likelihood of getting Covid and inadvertently passing it on to family members who might not handle the disease well, I avoid getting close to what I tell myself are little bio-hazards that frequently dart about in an erratic manner.

Return to “Covid”