Toronto Sports Bar Permanently closes

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Toronto Sports Bar Permanently closes

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/1 ... to-closes/

817 Sports Bar & Grill has permanently closed due to pandemic stresses the bar posted to their Instagram account. We thank everyone for their patronage and support.

They said two weeks to flatten the curve and here we are two years later. Lets make them buy Plexiglas and limit numbers of guests, because ya know their business and livelihood doesn't matter. Can you see any examples in the world where business was not closed, and yet had similar or better outcomes than Canada?

Today they keep telling us "we are taking the cautious approach". In other words, even if flu deaths were worse in previous years, lets just keep destroying peoples livelihoods and justify it by saying we need to be cautious. Yeah that makes sense, lets make policy on hypotheticals. While other places in the world fully opened up, Canada remained cautious. Yes, lets keep doing the cautious approach and just blame anti-vaxxers.

Would you hold your same beliefs around covid policy if this was your business? Or if you had a restaurant would you think you should have been allowed to stay open. Anyone here want to share your pay cheque with this guy so you can be "all in this together"... anyone?
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Toronto Sports Bar Permanently closes

Post by rookiepilot »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 pm https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/1 ... to-closes/

817 Sports Bar & Grill has permanently closed due to pandemic stresses the bar posted to their Instagram account. We thank everyone for their patronage and support.

They said two weeks to flatten the curve and here we are two years later. Lets make them buy Plexiglas and limit numbers of guests, because ya know their business and livelihood doesn't matter. Can you see any examples in the world where business was not closed, and yet had similar or better outcomes than Canada?

Today they keep telling us "we are taking the cautious approach". In other words, even if flu deaths were worse in previous years, lets just keep destroying peoples livelihoods and justify it by saying we need to be cautious. Yeah that makes sense, lets make policy on hypotheticals. While other places in the world fully opened up, Canada remained cautious. Yes, lets keep doing the cautious approach and just blame anti-vaxxers.

Would you hold your same beliefs around covid policy if this was your business? Or if you had a restaurant would you think you should have been allowed to stay open. Anyone here want to share your pay cheque with this guy so you can be "all in this together"... anyone?
Who are you talking to?
Yourself?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 pm In other words, even if flu deaths were worse in previous years,
Except they weren't. Annual flu deaths in USA: 10-50k
Total covid 19 deaths: 800k.

So 10-50x the deaths from covid vs flu.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

I don’t recall the flu ever filling ICU beds and creating a run on ventilators, either.

What is interesting is that in spite of how hopeless he makes it seem, someone is going to take it over and run it all the same.

Methinks it might have more to do with the owner’s business acumen or financial capabilities than it does COVID-19.

Relatives of mine who own a restaurant were insured against closures due to pandemics. They did more than ok after shedding employees and other expenses that weren’t required without patrons.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:14 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 pm In other words, even if flu deaths were worse in previous years,
Except they weren't. Annual flu deaths in USA: 10-50k
Total covid 19 deaths: 800k.

So 10-50x the deaths from covid vs flu.
The facts have already been posted. Covid deaths are currently lower than flu deaths. I'm not talking the total. I'm saying the current rate of covid deaths this past month is lower than flu death rates during flu seasons of previous years. It has already been stated the death rate is now 4 per million population where the flu would average about twice that during flu season.

Why would anyone talk about covid numbers prior to vaccination. The first wave is no longer relevant. What is relevant is the current burden of the virus, and currently covid may even be less of a risk than influenza.

In other words the pandemic is over. The curve is flat. Vaccine is available, go back to normal.

Anyone else believe the pandemic is endemic yet or am I the only one? 🤔

You have never heard of respiratory infections ending up in ICU Bob? Hard to believe you never heard of pneumonia and viral respiratory infections during flu season filling up hospitals.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:27 pm

In other words the pandemic is over. The curve is flat. Vaccine is available, go back to normal.

Anyone else believe the pandemic is endemic yet or am I the only one? 🤔

You have never heard of respiratory infections ending up in ICU Bob? Hard to believe you never heard of pneumonia and viral respiratory infections during flu season filling up hospitals.
Yeah, I agree with you. I think we should just let the unvaccinated take their lumps. The only issue now is ICU capacity, which is still overflowing in some places. But, perhaps we just need to airlift those people to hospitals in other areas.

As for this sports bar: what a @#$! up! Every restaurant I know around here is crazy busy. My wife's brother is a senior chef in a golf club and they've never made so much money when they moved to only doing takeaways. This article talks about the business owners relying on rent and wage subsidies...

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

DoFo says another 5 months to go. Just in time for his re-election campaign.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1001 ... -long-term

Guess he's a little gun shy after what happened in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

“Gradual, cautious approach to manage COVID-19 now and moving forward“

What does this mean Douggie…

You going to close certain small businesses indefinitely moving forward?

Kids take a good look at how the government manages pandemics and take notes. If you aspire to open a small business, your government will shut you down. Even the big fat “conservative” who says “open for business” as a slogan is willing to destroy your livelihood.

The cautious approach really just means DOFO is going to have to close some business and keep others open. Never mind that there are countries that never closed a single restaurant and had less Covid deaths per capita. But apparently these restrictions are necessary for our safety!

Thanks Doug, I know who won’t get my vote next election.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

If we could have a policy that the unvaccinated poopsicles were given lowest priority in hospitals including them being the ones who had the surgery delays, perhaps there would be some way to come up with a framework for opening up more.

The poopies have actually set a precedent for this in a reverse way by blocking hospitals.

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:27 pm

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pelmet you are on to something.

We should privatize healthcare. Then your insurance can determine your premiums based on risk. If you don’t get the vax, maybe you pay more of a premium…

When you privatize healthcare then we don’t have to feel bad about giving choice. I see big problems with socialized medicine.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:00 am Pelmet you are on to something.

We should privatize healthcare. Then your insurance can determine your premiums based on risk. If you don’t get the vax, maybe you pay more of a premium…

When you privatize healthcare then we don’t have to feel bad about giving choice. I see big problems with socialized medicine.
Same goes for fat people, smokers, drunks and junkies. They also clog our hospitals as well. I Still think we need a Fat-Passport to enter any fast food restaurant. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Covid”