My Covid Conspiracy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

My Covid Conspiracy

Post by lownslow »

Hear me out - it’s not what you think.

Two years ago, before all this started, AvCanada was dying. Heavy moderation appeared to reduce the place to just a few posters in the standard circle-jerk and a bunch of job ads. Newbies were afraid to speak but eyes were on the site because pilots want to move up in the world and this is a good place to see who’s hiring. Ad revenue was probably doing quite alright.

Then in March 2019 the job ads stopped.

The site views probably went down too, and with it the precious ad clicks. Nothing gets eyes on it like controversy which is why I figure the Covid forum seems to be a lawless and unmoderated shit show. Now that job ads are coming back I wonder if our hosts will let this section die off or keep it as fighty as ever.

Maybe we’ll see a chemtrail or flat earth forum here some day too.
---------- ADS -----------

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: My Covid Conspiracy

Post by Bingo Fuel »

People are more engaged with things that make them angry. More engaged people means more ad revenue.

Facebook/Meta has all this stuff figured out. If you use an 'angry' reaction emoji, the algorithm promotes it 5x more than a 'like'.

Whoever is making the money on AvCanada is just earning clicks the same way any other social network does. The dumpster fire is working as intended.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:40 pm People are more engaged with things that make them angry. More engaged people means more ad revenue.

Facebook/Meta has all this stuff figured out. If you use an 'angry' reaction emoji, the algorithm promotes it 5x more than a 'like'.

Whoever is making the money on AvCanada is just earning clicks the same way any other social network does. The dumpster fire is working as intended.
I haven't seen an ad on here in years.

Thanks uBlock.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I don't think you've stumbled on anything secret or conspiratorial, here. People love to argue about COVID, and advertisers want people to see their ads. Joe merely helps both groups, and collects his fees. What's wrong with that?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

photofly wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:31 pm I don't think you've stumbled on anything secret or conspiratorial, here. People love to argue about COVID, and advertisers want people to see their ads. Joe merely helps both groups, and collects his fees. What's wrong with that?
It's not like you to miss sarcasm. Are you feeling ok?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

So. About those chemtrails, then.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

What’s interesting is that there is no Misc Hot Air forum anymore because supposedly this site wanted better decorum, but yet has the COVID forum which is just as bad.

It just goes to show that profits will motivate anyone. Like the media here on the west coast with the “weather bombs” and “atmospheric rivers”. They aren’t lying. They are just obscure terms. Now that one of them managed to coincide with a natural disaster rather than the usual “pineapple express” term, they are already milking it for all its worth.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8403247/1st- ... ll-bc/amp/

Honestly COVID was the same way. It’s bad, but the media does change their narratives to make maximum effect out of the empirical data. First deaths. Then cases. Then longhaullers. Then variants. Whatever they can do to get readership and viewship up and (surprise) generate ad revenues.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:57 pm What’s interesting is that there is no Misc Hot Air forum anymore because supposedly this site wanted better decorum, but yet has the COVID forum which is just as bad.

It just goes to show that profits will motivate anyone. Like the media here on the west coast with the “weather bombs” and “atmospheric rivers”. They aren’t lying. They are just obscure terms. Now that one of them managed to coincide with a natural disaster rather than the usual “pineapple express” term, they are already milking it for all its worth.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8403247/1st- ... ll-bc/amp/

Honestly COVID was the same way. It’s bad, but the media does change their narratives to make maximum effect out of the empirical data. First deaths. Then cases. Then longhaullers. Then variants. Whatever they can do to get readership and viewship up and (surprise) generate ad revenues.
Wow a post I agree with you on for once.

Let’s Go Brandon
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm So. About those chemtrails, then.
My airline doesn't require donning of PPE during chemtrail dump.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

The big question - does Adcanada get paid if I don't see the ads due to an adblocker? :smt040

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

If you like conspiracy theories Robert F. Kennedy latest book exposes some horrific experiments done on children by a man who may have just started a biological war from his illegal immoral life’s work .
If any of it is true , we are doomed .

Return to “Covid”