hey moderators

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

farmerjoe
Rank 1
Rank 1

hey moderators

Post by farmerjoe »

Its time to split those job ads in two seperate forums. Anyone else tired of sifting through 20 AME ads for every pilot ad. I get it, should of been a highly paid, highly demanded mechanic. well, at least I have a window seat.
---------- ADS -----------

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: hey moderators

Post by Sulako »

Wow, the job hunt must be really tough on you what with having to sort through pages and all. That makes more work for us for minimal gain.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I like the one stop shopping. Hmmm, what to pick? Good pay and job security vs cool job title and window seat. :D

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I get it, should of been a highly paid, highly demanded mechanic. well, at least I have a window seat.
Mechanics don't need a window seat because they are to busy working to waste time looking out a window.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Also please sort the posts in the general forums and list them numerically in order with those that will be most interesting to me appearing first. Thank you,

Czar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Czar »

x2

:lol:

jetflightinstructor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetflightinstructor »

I am not looking for a job, but it would make sense to separate the AME and pilots job.
It shouldn' t be hard to do, I remember you did it before concerning the international job.

Really, the pilots and AME are working on the same airplanes, but it is a totally different job.
I think it will be a good idea to seperate between non-flying job and flying job.
The big challenge for a new pilot is to find his first job, and build his flight time. It is not true for an AME or other ground staff.

I imagine a new pilot opening avcanada at the job section because there is a new ad discovering 10 ground staff positions that has nothing to do with using a pilot licence to fly. How frustrating!

And no, I don' t look down the ground staff or mecanics. It would just be much clearer.
In addition I am sure it will increase the number of aviation company to advertise concerning ground staff positions.

lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by lilfssister »

Go here:
search.php

Put "pilot" "AME" or whatever criteria you are looking for in the space beside "search for keywords"

Click on Aviation Job Ads (Free) in the list of forums beside "Search in forums:"

Where it says "Search subforums" click "no" so you don't search the "Hire me" subforum

Hit the "Search" button at the bottom

Voila!

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

I agree having the jobs split into categories would be more convenient for job seekers.

I have had the job ads separated several times in the past and may do again sometime in the near future. Comes down to finding a solution that can work as quick and convenient on my end.

jetflightinstructor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetflightinstructor »

Go here:
search.php

Put "pilot" "AME" or whatever criteria you are looking for in the space beside "search for keywords"

Click on Aviation Job Ads (Free) in the list of forums beside "Search in forums:"

Where it says "Search subforums" click "no" so you don't search the "Hire me" subforum

Hit the "Search" button at the bottom

Voila!
Thanks for the search fonction, but if your internet is slow, it could take 20 minutes before you find out there is no jobs.

In addition not all ad use "pilot". It could be crew, bush flying.... you name it you got it. So with your method, you would miss an opportunity.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

I push buttons all day at work, I don't want to push extra buttons while surfing the net for jobs, I'm a pilot it is below me!

But seriously, it is depressing to scroll past 20 AME jobs to find that $1000/month right seat Ho job flying to the north pole with 3000 views on day one.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”