Flight Sim Install PMDG and Prepa3d V4.3

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Flight Sim Install PMDG and Prepa3d V4.3

Post by Redwine »

Any ideas on how to get a pc loaded up and ready to go with a flight sim game, specifically PMDG and Prepa3d V4.3.
I am completely software and file folder illiterate and I know downloading these and trying to install them and optimizing the settings would put me in the hospital.

Was thinking of bringing it in to best buy or some sort of computer nerd store and having them do it- or paying some kid who lives for this stuff come over to the house for two three hours and get this done.

Anyone know if there are services like this out there? If not, there should be. I'm sure they could make a ton of money on installing software and programs for complete dummies like me.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Flight Sim Install PMDG and Prepa3d V4.3

Post by daedalusx »

I've done a few installs, depending on how complex you want to set it it can go from 45min to 12 hours.

If you're in anywhere between YYC and YVR I might be able to help.

Don't bring it to best buy. Waste of money and time.

PM me for more details.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Redwine »

I guess I should have said I'm located in S Ontario.

Thanks for the offer though.

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Are you setting up the 737ngx or the 777?

Are you trying to use in for fun or as a IPT/trainer for a ride ?

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”