ehMac.ca

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Carrier
Rank 6
Rank 6

ehMac.ca

Post by Carrier »

Does anyone have a functioning email address for the administrator of ehMac.ca?

Over the years I used ehMac.ca and received a fair amount of help from its members for which I have been very grateful. I can no longer access it because some while back the forum operator required all members to reregister or change passwords but blocked their access to do this.

I could not sign in to reregister because my password was no longer recognised. There is no email address given for contacting the administrator. I am unable to use the administrator’s online contact form because its Human Verification feature to prove that you are not a spam bot fails to show the graphic. Doh! It seems to be run by an idiot. How does he expect members to carry out his request or contact him for help if he blocks their access and cannot be contacted? He probably means well but needs to inject some common sense and quality control into the operation. However the members there are most helpful so I would like to be able to access the forums again if ehMac.ca is still operating.

I will appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Carrier
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: ehMac.ca

Post by 7ECA »

Why not try and use the contact us link at the bottom of the forum page?

I'm not a member, but that looks like it would be your best bet for now.

ehMac.ca/sendmessage.php

Carrier
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Carrier »

I did!

The Contact Us link at the bottom brings up an online form which, as I have explained above, has a Human Verification feature which does not work. The graphic does not show. It is not possible to enter an answer based on the invisible graphic. I did try sending a message without the answer but it did not work. There is no proper email address given and there is no telephone number. How is anyone supposed to contact their administrator?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

That's strange, I just loaded the contact us page, and the graphic loads normally and will refresh properly as well.

Try restarting your computer, or clearing the cache in Safari (go to preferences > advanced > show develop bar) and clear them out. And then try it again and see if that works.

Hockaloogie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hockaloogie »

On the left we have a browser that blocks advertising and flash. On the right we have a "clean" browser that blocks nothing.

Either way, as you can see, it works.

Attachments
bCapture.JPG
bCapture.JPG (52.18 KiB) Viewed 14027 times
Carrier
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Carrier »

This problem has not been solved. I am still unable to contact the webmaster of ehMac.ca.

Like many who value their online security I do not use a browser such as Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer that is supplied by corporate agents of the “5 Eyes” surveillance gang. I use Firefox, a product of an independent foundation, as recommended by David Montgomery here: https://bananas.liberty.me/youre-a-crim ... et-caught/

Even with the latest version 50.0 of Firefox the Human Verification does not work for the contact form, the password reset form or for new registration. Therefore without an email address, snail mail address or telephone number it is impossible to contact the webmaster.

I am surprised that the webmaster apparently failed to check that his website operates with all popular browsers. In any case, there should be a normal email address. He can use a spam filter and address block, as I do, if he is concerned with the amount of useless emails he receives.

ehMac.ca has some very helpful and knowledgeable members. I would again like to be able to access it. Again, I will be grateful if someone would provide the email address or telephone number for the ehMac.ca webmaster. Please send it by Private Message if you do not want to post it.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Carrier wrote:I am surprised that the webmaster apparently failed to check that his website operates with all popular browsers.
He probably did. I'm sure it doesn't work with Mozilla or Mosaic either.

Try Chromium, which is the open-source version of the Chrome browser, not managed by the Google overlords.

lanaroady
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lanaroady »

AirFrame wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:01 pm
Carrier wrote:I am surprised that the webmaster apparently failed to check that his website operates with all popular browsers.
He probably did. I'm sure it doesn't work with Mozilla or Mosaic either.

Try Chromium, which is the open-source version of the Chrome browser, not managed by the Google overlords.
Those error are not with the browsers issue no not at all even it will be work on IE as well bro

amhadford
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by amhadford »

I tried to look up who registered their domain (the address) and all of the information aside from their registration dates, the renewal date, and the expire date were "REDACTED FOR PRIVACY" so that's not much of a help sorry.

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”