What is "lexplore?

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

What is "lexplore?

Post by flynbutcher »

What is "lexplore"? Keeps on showing up and forcing me to exit and close all programs. A real piss off, and I can't find any answers. :evil: Anyone else get this problem?
---------- ADS -----------

Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

iexplore usually refers to Internet Explorer... But you'd really have to tell us more about what is going on, what you're doing when these crashes happen. Might be able to get some idea of what's happening.

Goodbye,

Louis

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

I think the lexplore is spelt with an L not an I. Upon doing some more research I have found out that other people have had the same problem but no one knows any solution which surprises me. But thanks for your help anyway. FlynB.

Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

A quick search on Google for Lexplore points towards some sort of worm or virus. (The tactic seems to be used by a few different ones...)

Make sure you have a decent antivirus and that you keep it up to date.

Depending on the nature of the virus, and what version of Windows you're using, scanning from a boot disk, with either Norton Command Line, or a BartPE CD with an up to date antivirus might be a good idea as well.

Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck,

Louis

AcelinePanetier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What is "lexplore?

Post by AcelinePanetier »

flynbutcher wrote:What is "lexplore"? Keeps on showing up and forcing me to exit and close all programs. A real piss off, and I can't find any answers. :evil: Anyone else get this problem?

Internet Explorer :P

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”