How to quote with block?

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

How to quote with block?

Post by mbav8r »

Looking to find out how to quote with the white block around it.
When I quote using the quote link on the thread or the copy and paste method or the quote function in the reply block, it always ends up looking the same as if I typed it myself.
Can someone tell me how to end up with

So and so wrote:
then the quote in white backround

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
pika
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pika »

then the quote in white backround
Push the Quote button. "quote" with the squared off brackets will appear. (Apologies to the English majors as I don't know what they are called. If square prop tips and round prop tips are good enough for machinery it should be the same for English.)

Insert what you want quoted.

Push the Quote button again. "/quote" will appear again with the squared off tips.

Done.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Push the Quote button. "quote" with the squared off brackets will appear. Apologies to the English majors as I don't know what they are called. If square prop tips and round prop tips are good enough for machinery it should be the same for English.
Well apparently I'm computer illiterate. I've tried different ways and I can quote but never with the white backround. I just don't get it :?

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

Highlight the text in your posting
that you want to appear as “quoted”,
and hit the “quote” button.

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

mbav8r wrote:
Push the Quote button. "quote" with the squared off brackets will appear. (Apologies to the English majors as I don't know what they are called. If square prop tips and round prop tips are good enough for machinery it should be the same for English.)
Well apparently I'm computer illiterate. I've tried different ways and I can quote but never with the white backround. I just don't get it :?
test

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

The reason it did not work is you had checked "Disable BBCode in this post"

For BBCode or the quote feature to work this box needs to not be selected. This option is listed under the message body or above the submit button for a new post.

In your profile you can leave this as a default option http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/profile. ... ditprofile . "Always allow BBCode:" I would leave it selected as yes.

Regards,

Joe

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

avcanada wrote:
The reason it did not work is you had checked "Disable BBCode in this post"

For BBCode or the quote feature to work this box needs to not be selected. This option is listed under the message body or above the submit button for a new post.
Thanks guys

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”