Video card

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Video card

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

I'm looking for a cheap video card that would support Flight Simulator X. When I look on Ebay there are about a million different ones and I have no idea which to buy. I'm not a big gamer so I don't want to buy anything that's overkill. Ideas? Input? Some of the reviews list games that are capable which each card but I haven't seen one that mentions FS X. Is there somewhere that lists all the cards that will support it? Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

philknight29
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Video card

Post by philknight29 »

It really depends on what interface you have on your motherboard. If your computer is a couple of years old it may not have a PCI Express slot in which case your stuffed. If it does have a PCI-E slot then I'd plump for an Nvidia 8800 GTS by EVGA, not too pricy but will run FSX pretty nicely.

You will also need to make sure your power supply can run it properly I have 2 of those cards and they take a lot of power.

To check the Interface look for either the PCI-E which looks like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ss-Bus.jpg or the AGP http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... P_slot.jpg the Maroon Slot.

Hope it helps.

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

Thanks for your input

I opened it up and found I only had a PCI slot so I bought this one....I think it will work

EVGA Video card 256P1N399LX GeForce 6200 PCI 256M 64bit

goates
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by goates »

What are the rest of your system specs? It doesn't sound like it is a very recent system and you may not get very good performance from FSX. FS9 may be a better choice. Sites like FlightSim.com and AvSim have plenty of good info in their forums.

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”