Slate Falls ad

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

C-FDPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Slate Falls ad

Post by C-FDPB »

Very well written and detailed. The applicants will know pretty much right what they're in for.

Kudos
---------- ADS -----------

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Slate Falls ad

Post by trey kule »

I found it a bit amusing that it was stated not to be a carrot on a stick, yet the ad dedicated a fair percentage to pretty much doing just that. Why even mention the flight part if you are looking for a dock person, except to dangle the carrot?

" the chance for a float plane career". Chance? Is that not a carrot on a stick?

I hope the young and eager can read past all the flight talk and ad title...the postion is for a dockhand. To work what appears to be about a 72 hour a week, on call. 6 days a week
I think the federal labour board might even act on that .

My thoughts are before anyone even considers it, have a look at the Federal labour code...might find you entitled to two or three times the salary shown....unless of course, you are willing to forgo your rights so they only need to hire one pilot-dockhand instead of two.....

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
chilly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chilly »

I wonder how they figure a 30000 a year salary when it sounds like its a seasonal job? To me it sounds more like 15000 a yr or more like 2500 a month. Then the peanuts that Ei will give you over the winter. Not a whole lot these days especially when you have to rent a place. Unless of course you do end up flying over the winter.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

" the federal minimum wage is the min wage for the province where the employee normally works" in ontario that would 10.70 hour

12 days x 6 days a week 72 hours = 44 hours strait time and 28 hours at 1.5times :goodman: envelope please = 3670.00 month gross ( x 5 months ) =$18,350.00 gross for season . now it gets interesting if housing and vehicles are provided. as taxable benefits .
Ei pays only 60 percent max of your weekly to a max of 465 week

[b]needs to step up some in wage[/b] but thoroughly honest in whats is expected

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”