Bush flying questions.

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

raygeboxi47
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bush flying questions.

Post by raygeboxi47 »

Ok, so it looks like fun, lots of places to explore, land just about anywhere you can see a wet or dry spot. However, what constitutes legal landings?

I mean some land on creek banks, river banks, desert areas, ridgelines, mountain tops and so on..

Can we just land on any piece of ground we determine we can fit on? State land, federal land, farm land and so forth?

Looks to enticing to be 100% legal. There’s a lot of empty space in the Southern California area and I’d hate to think I could do what I’ve seen on the world famous YouTube only to have a BLM or worst bust my chaps for being somewhere I shouldn’t have considered being.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Bush flying questions.

Post by pelmet »

I would suggest going onto an American pilots forum for answers and they will be more familiar with American regulations.

Pilots of America is a very busy forum. I once had a question on this forum and had one or two responses. I asked the same question on the POA forum and had 50 responses by the next day, quite a few of which were useful.

CruiserNU
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CruiserNU »

http://www.supercub.org/

We are fortunate in Canada. 89 percent of the land is held by either the federal or provincial governments as "Crown Land". The majority of that land and water can be legally landed upon.

marlin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marlin »

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”