PACCAR Turbo Beaver

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

PACCAR Turbo Beaver

Post by Pacqing »

I'm curious about the PACCAR Turbo Beaver and the new job add. I see the Beaver C-FCKW is registered to Canadian Kenworth since 1988 on one Civil Aircraft registry site and then I saw it registered to PACCR since 1968 on another Civil Aircraft site. Does anyone have some info on this machine and the job. I'd think it would be a who you know position and they wouldn't have to advertise here. Has CKW been based in YVR all this time? The reason for my curiosity is that it was based in a hangar I worked on in YVR 1973 and the first MK 111 I saw/worked on. I remember thinking wow what a beautiful looking machine.
---------- ADS -----------

TWSC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PACCAR Turbo Beaver

Post by TWSC »

Pacqing wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 am I'm curious about the PACCAR Turbo Beaver and the new job add. I see the Beaver C-FCKW is registered to Canadian Kenworth since 1988 on one Civil Aircraft registry site and then I saw it registered to PACCR since 1968 on another Civil Aircraft site. Does anyone have some info on this machine and the job. I'd think it would be a who you know position and they wouldn't have to advertise here. Has CKW been based in YVR all this time? The reason for my curiosity is that it was based in a hangar I worked on in YVR 1973 and the first MK 111 I saw/worked on. I remember thinking wow what a beautiful looking machine.
I bet they got a million applications. I’d like to know what the job pays

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: PACCAR Turbo Beaver

Post by Heliian »

Pacqing wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 am I'm curious about the PACCAR Turbo Beaver and the new job add. I see the Beaver C-FCKW is registered to Canadian Kenworth since 1988 on one Civil Aircraft registry site and then I saw it registered to PACCR since 1968 on another Civil Aircraft site. Does anyone have some info on this machine and the job. I'd think it would be a who you know position and they wouldn't have to advertise here. Has CKW been based in YVR all this time? The reason for my curiosity is that it was based in a hangar I worked on in YVR 1973 and the first MK 111 I saw/worked on. I remember thinking wow what a beautiful looking machine.
Going off of the official register, paccar has owned it since 1968 and it was registered under the trade name "Canadian Kenworth company", care of bc tel flt ops.

They dropped ckc from the registration documentation in 1988, paccar was probably just shuffling some assets around.

https://www.dhc-2.com/id482.htm

It has more windows now than when it left the factory.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”