Float Flying Career

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

761-873
Rank 0
Rank 0

Float Flying Career

Post by 761-873 »

I’m going to be graduating from an aviation college diploma program, next spring with a Commercial, Group 1 IFR, as well as a float rating. I will have around 350 hours, with only 15 hours being float time. After doing my float rating early this summer, I’ve found I really enjoy this type of flying, and would love to make a career out of it. I have a few questions for anyone who can help.

1) What are the current hour requirements for an entry-level job? I’ve read of positions requiring 200 or 300 hours float time, and if that is in fact correct, how are people getting this amount of time before employment?

2) What are the chances someone with my lack of experience getting any kind of employment, even after a 50-hour float course, buying more hours, or something of that nature?

3) What are the usual requirements for someone to get on as a dockhand, and will that usually give you a better chance at a flying position there the next season?

4) Is it worth pursuing this kind of position (either flying or on the dock)? Are there any jobs available?

Any responses will be much appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

zero
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zero »

Check the archives...you'll find all your answers there, many times over.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”