Harbour Air Pay

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Harbour Air Pay

Post by Dust Devil »

Just wanted to mention about these guys that I went for a burn with them around Victoria this weekend in a Turbo Otter and I gotta say they seem like a pretty class act. I was very impressed.
---------- ADS -----------

//=S=//

A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 1000 HP »

I think that new guys get about $55,000 a year. Not bad considering the type of work, but the cost of living is high. Your mate better have a good job too. :mrgreen:

Drinking lots of coffee lately, at a nice safe jungle desk, wishing I were flying......
Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

I'm with DD on that, having watched them go steadily last winter in miserable wx and waters.

I got lots of time in the wota but this is certainly way over my head.

Definitely the sharpest float drivers in the world. Kudos guys

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Anyone know what kinda vacation time HA gives and updated pay info?

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
LoranC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LoranC »

A couple years ago I was offered $26/ hour on the -2 and $28/ hour on the -3T

Needless to say, I didn't accept the job based on wages alone.

They have been putting multiple job ads for the same position over and over again for the last year...

Makes you wonder if Mng/HR really care about experienced seaplane captains making peanuts to live in Canada's most expensive city!?!

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

LoranC wrote: Makes you wonder if Mng/HR really care about experienced seaplane captains making peanuts to live in Canada's most expensive city!?!
Doesn't make me wonder at all. It's spelled out right there in black and white. You'd make more driving a bus. Of course, it's harder to find people who want to be bus drivers, because who wants to spend day in and day out driving to the same place over and over again? ....Oh wait....

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
William B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by William B »

LoranC wrote:A couple years ago I was offered $26/ hour on the -2 and $28/ hour on the -3T

Needless to say, I didn't accept the job based on wages alone.

They have been putting multiple job ads for the same position over and over again for the last year...

Makes you wonder if Mng/HR really care about experienced seaplane captains making peanuts to live in Canada's most expensive city!?!
I think it's a life style thing. Pilot wages in BC have always been on the low side, but people put up with it so they can boast about living on the wet coast. Not all it's cracked up to anymore, and unless you can live within spitting distance of the base, with that attendant high cost, your going to commute and that aint fun. Still tho, flying floats in and out of Coal Harbor and getting paid for it at all is pretty cool.

William B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by William B »

Meatservo wrote:
LoranC wrote: Makes you wonder if Mng/HR really care about experienced seaplane captains making peanuts to live in Canada's most expensive city!?!
Doesn't make me wonder at all. It's spelled out right there in black and white. You'd make more driving a bus. Of course, it's harder to find people who want to be bus drivers, because who wants to spend day in and day out driving to the same place over and over again? ....Oh wait....
ROTFL :lol: Good one!

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”