Charter Catering

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

3Green
Rank 4
Rank 4

Charter Catering

Post by 3Green »

I don't understand why this stuff is so expensive. We recently had a trip out of KRDU (Raleigh, NC) and had a sandwich plate for 5 people. $200 CDN later we had our plate of sandwiches, which included several PEANUT BUTTER sandwiches!! WTF? (Word from the wise: Avoid sandwich trays at KRDU!)
I guess I don't complain much when you drop a nice dime on the food that they've requested and they don't even touch it. Then you get to eat like the ten-cent millionaires that we are! Food always tastes better when someone else pays for it.
Anyway, I guess I was just wondering what some other outfits chose for just general commissary for a morning flight that may depart shortly after a normal breafast hour. Timmy Ho's? Chips 'n Pop? Nothing?
---------- ADS -----------

here's the 441
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by here's the 441 »

we just usually go to the liquor mart and get a bottle with a handle...some paper cups...

Kurwa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kurwa »

Go to a place like Appleby's; they do take-out which tastes great and looks very presentable. As far as breakfast, get your outfit to stock a small decorative basket/tray thing, then all you do is throw a doily (sp?) in there and load it with danishes/croisants/fruit from the grocery store...preferably one that takes the company credit card!

Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Spinner »

Isn't this what god invented Tim Hortons for. :twisted:

thats why us engineers are so fat from eating leftover catering.

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

I miss Tim's..

We have a "Daylight Donuts" here in our little burb.. what a waste of space...

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

Man do I miss "Tim's" as well. For us.....its off to Spudnuts on those early morning departures. Unless you prefer the $90 cheese tray in Aspen!

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Which model do you fly?

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

LEARS

Post by TTail »

LJ25's and LJ35's

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Ahhhhh... I have some 25D time, no 35 though... I'm guessing it's a wayyy better machine :D

- Amelia Earhart
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

the 35 is MUCH simpler, and easier to fly than the 25's! Not to mention that the "nice to have" items work (autopilot being one!) We have a 25* along with a 25*, 25**, and just straight 25! Where did u get the lear time flybabe?

Last edited by TTail on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Funny you should mention the autopilot. That was probably my biggest gripe with the 25D - lock it in and shortly thereafter you're oscillating with increasing intensity. Felt like being on a bungee cord, lol! Damn first generation crap! Never could take your mind off it or you'd be in the rhubarb.

I had a brief right seat job in Santa Fe, NM for a private owner (real estate tycoon from Springfield, ILL that moved the SF). Was in Dallas, FL and ILL quite a bit.

The 25D was a hell of a performance machine and I probably would have liked it more if the guy I flew with wasn't such a dick.. :roll: Would be nice if it could carry more fuel too :P

- Amelia Earhart
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

ya its a performer all right. I've clocked more than 10 000 fpm taking of light! Felt like we were aiming for the moon. Definitely a handful as well. I still enjoy it though. I know what you mean though when you have a jackass next to you as your coworker. We have a couple here too. Another month or so and I won't have to put up with em (upgrade coming) More fuel would be nice, you're right! You definitely earn your pay when you're flying these 20's.

Where in Canada are you from if you don't mind me asking? Just PM me if you don't want to broadcast that to everyone!

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”