100LL in western Nunavut

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

NunavutPA-12
Rank 3
Rank 3

100LL in western Nunavut

Post by NunavutPA-12 »

Avgas is scarce throughout most of Nunavut. However, for the benefit of those contemplating a trip north this summer, I can advise that Kugluktuk (CYCO) has a good stock of 100LL in drums. I believe the price is around $1.90/litre. It is all about three or four years old but is in sealed drums and is perfectly fine - though technically time-expired. I use it my PA-12 with no problem. Full drums only but the guy with the hangar at the airport (me) is always willing to buy any remainder (not including the bottom five-gallons :wink: ).

Float Plane Fly-In in Yellowknife this summer, so some of you might want to add Nunavut to your itinerary. CYCO is 375-miles due north of CYZF. Hotel space will likely be a problem so bring camping gear. If you're on floats it might be best to choose a nearby, isolated location for your overnight campsite because vandalism is a popular sport here. On wheels, the airport is safe, but no camping. There's a campsite on the edge of town, about two miles from the airport.

larrywh AT netkaster.ca for more info.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”