The Transition

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

darbel
Rank 1
Rank 1

The Transition

Post by darbel »

I am currently renewing my MIFR in the sim and I am looking to make the transistion from floats to the IFR world. I have my reasons (mainly want to be close to my wife). I'm looking to make the move at the end of this years season (Septemberish). I'll have about 1500hrs, give or take, which is mostly beaver time, a fresh IFR, and about 30 multi. Given how fast the industry is moving right now, I'm just wondering if anyone has any predictions when this game of musical chairs will stop. Is it going to be like this for the next few months? Few days? Few years? Do I stand a chance of getting a right seat job without having to work ramp or dispatch?
---------- ADS -----------

sarg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: The Transition

Post by sarg »

I think things will keep moving for the next couple of years at a slow to moderate pace, subject to the usual disclaimers.

If you want to make the transition I would be in contact now with a few of the companies that have both float and MIFR operations and work out a deal to fly the Beaver for the summer season then move to the IFR side in the fall.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”