Changes to license

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CBAME
Rank 1
Rank 1

Changes to license

Post by CBAME »

I just got an email from Transport, it looks like they are changing the Renewal of the AME license from 5 to 10 years, and no more picture.

This is great the picture was always a PIA to get even when TC took it last time i had to go back to get it done again, i know i am ugle but i did not think i would break the TC camera

C
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Changes to license

Post by Heliian »

I see this as a piss poor way to save money. TC has taken a shit kicking and have no money. Someone thought that this will save a few dollars and they don't care about the consequences.

The photo was added to make the license more secure and the 6 year renewal brought in data and kept an eye on currencies. We'll just have to be more diligent with new applicants.

Way to go TC for being a bunch of lazy, cheap pr!cks.

nine sixteenths
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nine sixteenths »

Changing the validity period on the AME license will require a change to CAR 566.04, was this released in a gazette, or is it just rumour or potential intense in a few years?
I check the gazette but not religiously, I didn’t see it in there recently but might have missed it

9/16”

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by robertw »

TC could save themselves a lot of time, energy and money if they delegated some of the non critical functions they presently are involved in to industry professionals. Much how they do this with Ministers Delegates (MD-M).

I could see this working really well with AMO /AO approvals, maintenance schedule approvals, policy manual amendments, AME license applications / evaluations. Could be more as well.

They also need to find a way to stop getting sued and losing lawsuits. Not sure what the answer for that is though...

CBAME
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CBAME »

Here is a link

it is fact

however like most TC links this may not be available in 5 min

www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standard ... otice.html

nine sixteenths