AME License Renewal Process

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

RoPoR
Rank 0
Rank 0

AME License Renewal Process

Post by RoPoR »

Just thought I would post this to help save guys some time when trying to renew your AME license from remote locations where there are no TC offices close by.
So here goes:
Call 1-800-305-2059. Select options 1, then 1 and then whichever number corresponds to your region. Leave a message. They will call back within 24 hours to take your AME renewal payment by credit card ($40) and give them an email address to send your receipt. Then Email the completed AME renewal/application form from TC website (http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviatio ... cence.html) and your receipt to your closest REGIONAL OFFICE:
Atlantic Region- E-mail: tc.aviationservicesatl-servicesaviationatl.tc@tc.gc.ca
Quebec Region- E-mail: csva-vsca@tc.gc.ca
Ontario Region- E-mail: tc.aviationservicesont-servicesaviationont.tc@tc.gc.ca
Prairie and Northern Region - Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest- E-mail: CASPNR-SACRPN@tc.gc.ca
Pacific Region (British Columbia)- E-mail: tc.aviationservicesPAC-servicesaviationPAC.tc@tc.gc.ca

It's a bit of a process but easier than driving 4+ hours....
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AME License Renewal Process

Post by Heliian »

Thanks for the info, I'm glad they're finally stepping into the 20th century.

Life hack: get your company to pay for your travel to/from the TCC and just let them do the paperwork.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Helian , not sure of your experience or companies worked for but some have 1 who do all the release and the rest of the licenced guys fend for themselves, so to ask for paid expenses to renew your licence is a bit of dream. Ya move on, right, got the mortgage, kids etc. The info posted was great, lots of AME's live in small populated areas and need to renew.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Pacqing wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:04 am Helian , not sure of your experience or companies worked for but some have 1 who do all the release and the rest of the licenced guys fend for themselves, so to ask for paid expenses to renew your licence is a bit of dream. Ya move on, right, got the mortgage, kids etc. The info posted was great, lots of AME's live in small populated areas and need to renew.
I did agree that's it's good info. I might use the service one day.

Where are you working? I thought all those big companies like you describe are in major centres that have capable TC offices. There was also talk of dropping the photo which could lead to an even more simplified process.

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

I did agree that's it's good info. I might use the service one day.

Where are you working? I thought all those big companies like you describe are in major centres that have capable TC offices. There was also talk of dropping the photo which could lead to an even more simplified process.
Apparently the new licenses won't have your photo on it so frame the one you have.

AMERYANK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AMERYANK »

Return to “Maintenance”