AME Licence Violations.

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

AME Licence Violations.

Post by Pacqing »

There is an add on here for AME's with preference given to those without licence violations. Its sort of worded like a whole bunch of you guys out there have violations so we want to weed you out and only hire those without violations. Personally I've not heard of any violations though I guess it can happen so can we have some personal stories (no names mentioned) of how this can happen.
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AME Licence Violations.

Post by Heliian »

This one?

REQUIREED CERTIFICATION;

• Valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License (M1 or M2). M1 & M2 together considered an asset. (Preference given to those without an Violations against Licence)

PREFFERED ON TYPE EXPERIENCE;
• B300 King Air, B1900, PT6 Engine, Cessna 172

PREFFERED SKILLS AND ABILITIES;
• Understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations as it pertains to an AME
• Positive Attitude with Strong work ethic
• Flexibility with work schedules
• Initiative to improve one’s self and working environment
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with the Internet.
• Good Communication with ability to give clear direction
Good Understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions contained within Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance

The lists above are intended to provide the candidate with a general overview of the nature of their role within the company. The lists do not contain all duties and responsibilities which will be required of the candidate.

The pilot ad is the same. This was put together by someone with basic english and most likely very far removed from actual aircraft operations. The new corporate standard!

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

So if the writer of the add is as you say then perhaps in their past experience its common for people to have violations against them. Interesting angle. You see adds written by HP people all the time and they can be so out to lunch its sort of funny. Why can't the DOM write the add. And why do the owners of these companies allow these adds to be put out there.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Pacqing wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 am So if the writer of the add is as you say then perhaps in their past experience its common for people to have violations against them. Interesting angle. You see adds written by HP people all the time and they can be so out to lunch its sort of funny. Why can't the DOM write the add. And why do the owners of these companies allow these adds to be put out there.
Yes the ads could be better written, the "no violations" thing probably came from other ads, most commonly found attached to jobs that require a clean drivers license. The DOM would set the standards but then just let HR cut and paste to their standard ad. There are AME's and pilots out there with violations, how they could confirm that on an AME license I don't know.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

So there are written laws in CARS regarding when a violation against an AME can be registered? Due cause and prove of error etc etc? I'm not going to spent time looking for this but ask any of you out there who know their way around CARS ( I don't ) to please let us know where this is? thanks.

Narampa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Narampa »

I look at it this way. If you put an add in looking for help,you have the right to look for what you want.
Narrows the field and wastes less time for both parties.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

YaYa no argument hire who you want, don't apply and all that. My question is about AME violations on your licence. I just looked at CARS and found nothing so I call BS on the violation thing.

aeroncasuperchief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aeroncasuperchief »

you have the right to look for what you want. No, not really, You cannot aske for a white heterosexual Christian male or equivalent,,,, that would be racist ! 8)

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

There is that add again, AME's wanted with no violations. Someone posted that there are AME's out there with violations against their licence but not sure how they are tracked, Can anyone confirm this violation thing and show where this is written in CARS or some other Federal document.
Till I see it in paper I again call BS on this. This company is the only one I've seen asking this and I'm curious as to why.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Date: Count(s): Violation: Penalty: Location:
2017-07-18 1 CAR 571.03 $1,000 Prairie and Northern Region
A person failed to ensure that the required maintenance details were entered in the appropriate technical record.

Date: Count(s): Violation: Penalty: Location:
2017-02-04 1 CAR 571.10(1) $1,000 Quebec Region
A person signed a maintenance release that did not meet the applicable requirements.

These are just a couple of summaries. they are found here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... u-2963.htm

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Thank you, I'll have a read through that. I have never heard this talked about with the AME's and I've had a licence since the mid 70s

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

I am not an AME, and have not been violated. However, I was aware of a violation against an AME as a result of an (understandable) omission in an inspection for a ferry permit, and resulting log entry for an airplane I was to ferry. In that case, in my opinion, over zealous TC Inspectors rushed to judgement against the AME, and in my opinion did not afford the AME an opportunity to explain his perspective on what he'd done. It was not the best, but in the circumstances, many could think it was adequate and appropriate. This was one of the few cases when I felt that TC Inspectors went too far too fast, usually, they're reasonable in considering all aspects in context before rushing to judgement. My opinion has been generally that TC Inspectors would rather encourage and mentor compliant behaviour (discussion and letters of counsel), than punish inadequate bahaviour (violation). 'Just my observation....

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

They now have a flow chart of how they assess your indiscretions. It has lots of nice colors on it.

Return to “Maintenance”