For Real?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Ame213
Rank 0
Rank 0

For Real?

Post by Ame213 »

Aircraft Mechanics / Sheet Metal needed for "good paying" long term contract
Airbus A320FAM Boeing 737 Series / Embraer 145 / 170 / 190 / ATR / Dash 8 / SAAB
$40/hour unlicensed $45/hour Licensed $50/hour ACA
$100 Perdiem per 8 hour working day or $50 Perdiem and hotel included
$500 Travel
Rent a car

Please contact Patrick Wenkoff at 4035401771

Saw this ad posted multiple times on here. 5 more dollars an hour for licensed ame over unlicensed? 500 Travel? The fact that your travel isn't completely covered and you don't get full perdiem with a hotel included is insane to me. When are these contractors going to wake up and realize that 40 some dollars an hour does not cut it for an experienced ame, that's not much if any more than an experienced ACA at any airline is getting paid to sleep in their own bed every night. I am just legitimately curious if anybody actually applies for these?
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: For Real?

Post by Pacqing »

Nope not anymore. 4 or 5 years back I worked for the $45 with some jobs accomodations and per diams better than others but not now in this market.

trumpfan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: For Real?

Post by trumpfan »

Meh, I contracted for close to those wages in 04-05, that was decent money then.

I still had to put up with crazy knife throwing karate guy and drunken locked myself out of my room in my underwear guy. I suspect the caliber of contractor hasn’t gotten better.

Not much of a chance I would do it today.

Return to “Maintenance”