Contractors Wages

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Michael B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Contractors Wages

Post by Michael B. »

Hey Everybody!
I am an AME, and I've been licensed for a handful of years now.
I am looking into contracting. What are the average wages for an AME?
Also, what are the best Maintenance Facilities to work out of?
Thanks!
- Mike
---------- ADS -----------

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Contractors Wages

Post by dashx »

Where are you located and are you willing to travel? Are you M1 M2 E Structural?

Aerotek. Contract Aero. Just two companies that look for contractors. All over Canada.

JD Aero in Sault Ste Marie. AAR Aircraft Services Windsor ULC (was Premier Aviation). Skyservice in Toronto (they deal with Q1 and SCC Micro). PAL in St John Nfld. Bombardier in Downsview (Aerotek and other contracting companies). KF Aerospace in Kelowna (hire through contract agencies). Just a few.

Wages depend on your endorsements and experience.

I would suggest doing some research online as well as this website to get additional information.

inspectionsthatwork
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Contractors Wages

Post by inspectionsthatwork »

We go through the seven-year cycles and just came into the 3rd year when the virus killed it. No one is sure if we ever get paid again what we had last months. Any AME with 10-15 years of licensed experience was getting 50.00 per hour recently, but rest assured that this is over. You might be better off working for 40.00 and do fulltime. 5 years is not much but I also know there are Apprentices who were too lazy to get their training completed in their 48 months. It's all up to you.

Return to “Maintenance”