Advice for a future immigrant

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jeet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Advice for a future immigrant

Post by jeet »

Hello everyone,
I am an aircraft Technician (Avionics) by profession with over 14 years of experience. I am an Indian citizen currently working in Dubai - UAE with Emirates Airline. I am planning to immigrate to Canada for work purpose. With the help of this forum I also tried to understand how to obtain TC AME -E licence.
I would like to know how are the prospects, what remuneration I can expect, which provinces have a higher demand etc. Plus any other piece of advice you can suggest. :)
---------- ADS -----------

johnkruk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Advice for a future immigrant

Post by johnkruk »

Outlook is bleak!!!! If you have stable employment now , stay there !! Serious damage being done to the industry in Canada , will take years to recover from!!! Besides from my over 20 years experience in 3 different provinces, most immigrants hate Canada and think very little of working with Canadians !!!

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

You chose a bad time to post. As you should have heard Canada is shutting down and the most airlines are laying off. With your experience on transport type ac there are just a few options in Canada, google is your friend. These carriers are quartered in the big cities where the cost of housing is quite high. I'd guess a wage of $25 to $35 per hour. As to getting your E licence you best go to the closest TC office and talk to them. If you think you can work on smaller machines then that opens up more companies. I think the job adds on here were asking foe E licence so why not contact these companies and see what they say. As to the last posters observations about immigrants not liking Canadians or working with them I say BS. Good luck in your search and immigration.

jeet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jeet »

Pacqing wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 am You chose a bad time to post. As you should have heard Canada is shutting down and the most airlines are laying off. With your experience on transport type ac there are just a few options in Canada, google is your friend. These carriers are quartered in the big cities where the cost of housing is quite high. I'd guess a wage of $25 to $35 per hour. As to getting your E licence you best go to the closest TC office and talk to them. If you think you can work on smaller machines then that opens up more companies. I think the job adds on here were asking foe E licence so why not contact these companies and see what they say. As to the last posters observations about immigrants not liking Canadians or working with them I say BS. Good luck in your search and immigration.
Thanks for your response. I absolutely agree that its a wrong time to post. When I mentioned "future", I meant at least 2 years from now. Right now the situation is worsening everywhere. This time will pass and its a lesson for all of us. I have noted your advice, will work on it.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

johnkruk wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 pm Besides from my over 20 years experience in 3 different provinces, most immigrants hate Canada and think very little of working with Canadians !!!
Not cool.

Return to “Maintenance”