AME M1 average apprenticeship length

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Denis17
Rank 0
Rank 0

AME M1 average apprenticeship length

Post by Denis17 »

Hi Everyone,

I am young apprentice looking forward to getting licensed soon !!!
I am trying to figure out if it's reasonable to expect getting licence straight away once reaching the required experience, in my case 18months college + 30 in the field.

Log book aside, how many months of apprenticeship does it take on average to obtain an M1 licence these days !?
Does TC expect more than the minimum 48 months experience ?

Appreciate any thoughts and input !

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: AME M1 average apprenticeship length

Post by Pacqing »

There is no definite answer to your question. Depends how long it takes to fill out your log book, if you can stay employed at the same place long enough to do this and does the company have the machines which will allow you to complete all the tasks. If I believe you can write the exam then and when your time is up you get the licence. Its been a while since mine was issued (1977) but I think this is the jist of it.

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Just like you stated the minimum amount of time to met the licensing requirements in the cars Is 48 months. Always comes down to your logbook and TC auditor. My recommendation is n/a any tasks that are not applicable to your AMO. Try and complete 70% of each chapter. Some TC auditors interpret the regs as that, where as I believe 70% of total . Submit the book when you feel ready to be responsible to sign aircraft as m1 you can sign aircraft with out type courses. Other then that good luck!

Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

In a busy shop that you can have all your tasks signed out and you are keen to get your licence it will take the minimum time is possible. I have seen people take 10 years plus and I have seen people write CARs and get there licence within days of the minimum time.

Return to “Maintenance”