Magnetic safety wire holders for toolbox

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirMechDesigns
Rank 0
Rank 0

Magnetic safety wire holders for toolbox

Post by AirMechDesigns »

Hello, while having back surgery, I designed and started selling these 3D printed magnetic safety wire holders for toolboxes. I started selling them on esty, which I'll link below if you are interested.

My main reason for posting though is to ask what other useful things could us aircraft mechanic/engineers use? I've still got a lot of time on my hands recovering and I'd rather not just sit here. I've made shadow boxes for the Streamlight Stinger and Strions, too. But is there anything that you guys can think of that would help make our day to day lives easier or more convenient?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AirMechDesign ... form-mcnav

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
Magnetic safety wire holder
Magnetic safety wire holder
received_813394132660912.jpeg (332.14 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Magnetic safety wire holders for toolbox

Post by Found »

Very good idea, I will be sure to share this, saves room and puts lock wire at your fingertips.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

AirMechDesigns wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:02 pm Hello, while having back surgery
That’s an amazing thing to do while under anesthesia. :smt040

Very cool. One thing I find annoying is where to put all the bottles of oil, cleaner, LPS, etc. I’ve tried magnetic holders but the magnets aren’t strong enough.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

AirMechDesigns wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:02 pm Hello, while having back surgery, I designed and started selling these 3D printed magnetic safety wire holders for toolboxes. I started selling them on esty, which I'll link below if you are interested.

My main reason for posting though is to ask what other useful things could us aircraft mechanic/engineers use? I've still got a lot of time on my hands recovering and I'd rather not just sit here. I've made shadow boxes for the Streamlight Stinger and Strions, too. But is there anything that you guys can think of that would help make our day to day lives easier or more convenient?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AirMechDesign ... form-mcnav

Thank you

You made them for the Malin brand now you gotta make em for the loose&co brand

AirMechDesigns
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirMechDesigns »

Thank you for replying everyone! A couple answers for you guys.

1. I know my safety wire holders will fit LPS cans perfectly and the magnets are plenty strong for them. That was a big design hurdle I wanted to accomplish. Each magnet has 18lbs. of pull to them and the holder doesn't move when dropping stuff in.

2. I'm not for sure but I think Loose and Co safety wire will fit. Can someone give me dimensions on a can? If not I'll be ordering one when I can.

Thank you all again for the feedback.

AirMechDesigns
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirMechDesigns »

AirMechDesigns wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:33 am Thank you for replying everyone! A couple answers for you guys.

1. I know my safety wire holders will fit LPS cans perfectly and the magnets are plenty strong for them. That was a big design hurdle I wanted to accomplish. Each magnet has 18lbs. of pull to them and the holder doesn't move when dropping stuff in.

2. I'm not for sure but I think Loose and Co safety wire will fit. Attached is a picture from a customer with what looks like a can in it.

Attachments
Screenshot_20211005-083449_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211005-083449_Gallery.jpg (516.95 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

AirMechDesigns wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:36 am
AirMechDesigns wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:33 am Thank you for replying everyone! A couple answers for you guys.

2. I'm not for sure but I think Loose and Co safety wire will fit. Attached is a picture from a customer with what looks like a can in it.

Loose & Co cans are fatter and tapered. That image is a Malin in your product looks pretty tight, just an observation. Loose & co are definitely out there

AirMechDesigns
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirMechDesigns »

Okay I will get myself some Loose and Co brand and adjust it accordingly. Thank you again!

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

AirMechDesigns wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:06 am Okay I will get myself some Loose and Co brand and adjust it accordingly. Thank you again!
You bet just an observation. There’s other brands out there too but malin and loose&vo are most popular in Canada from my experience

Return to “Maintenance”