Maintenance in Corporate

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Maintenance in Corporate

Post by Crossthreaded »

Anyone work for corporate as an AME? Never done it curious about doing it. Chartright just came out with an ad I found, does anyone work here? Is it a good place for career advancement and wage / benefits?

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/def ... lang=en_CA
---------- ADS -----------

Glasnost
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Maintenance in Corporate

Post by Glasnost »

I wouldn’t call Chartright corporate. They fly corporate clients in corporate jets, but more of an airline or charter operation whith managed planes thrown in mix. More work, less pay, less bennies. I haven’t been involved for a while as I’m out of the industry but did some time in that neck of the woods. Most guys weren’t happy and went onto better things like Westjet back in the owners care days or one of the oil and gas jobs. Even avmax oe field or borek. Or left the industry outright.

Hell of am industry and everything has changed, bring your best negotiating skills but don’t hold out that they will care because some companies just always want to be understaffed and lookin for a bargain

Sorry edit to add this was Calgary where I was. Not ont. But I’m sure shit smells over there to.

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

Glasnost wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:30 am I wouldn’t call Chartright corporate. They fly corporate clients in corporate jets, but more of an airline or charter operation whith managed planes thrown in mix. More work, less pay, less bennies. I haven’t been involved for a while as I’m out of the industry but did some time in that neck of the woods. Most guys weren’t happy and went onto better things like Westjet back in the owners care days or one of the oil and gas jobs. Even avmax oe field or borek. Or left the industry outright.

Hell of am industry and everything has changed, bring your best negotiating skills but don’t hold out that they will care because some companies just always want to be understaffed and lookin for a bargain

Sorry edit to add this was Calgary where I was. Not ont. But I’m sure shit smells over there to.
The job posting is in Mississauga, I don’t know that area very well but if it were in Calgary I’d take that in a heartbeat. Yes the industry sucks, what did you end up doing when you left it?

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Crossthreaded wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:13 am Anyone work for corporate as an AME? Never done it curious about doing it. Chartright just came out with an ad I found, does anyone work here? Is it a good place for career advancement and wage / benefits?

I haven’t, but there’s always job ads in the north end. That should tell you something in any industry

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

PitchLink wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:32 am
Crossthreaded wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:13 am Anyone work for corporate as an AME? Never done it curious about doing it. Chartright just came out with an ad I found, does anyone work here? Is it a good place for career advancement and wage / benefits?

I haven’t, but there’s always job ads in the north end. That should tell you something in any industry
Ok

Last edited by Crossthreaded on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Crossthreaded wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm
PitchLink wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:32 am

I think I get it :cry:

Ask around there’s lots of employment social media out there you can reach out to former and current employees. First thing you need to know is it’s not corporate, it’s a management job. There is a difference as the last guy said.

Return to “Maintenance”