How to find a job overseas...?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 1
Rank 1

How to find a job overseas...?

Post by 54321 »

How does one go about finding a job overseas besides looking at the job ads here on avcanada? Is there a different website I should be looking at, or a contracting service I should be looking into? To put it bluntly I want to make as much money as possible regardless of location. I'm M1/M2 licenced with endorsements, never been outside of Canada for work. Would it be really advantageous to get my A&P or EASA licences, or not so much? Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Adam17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How to find a job overseas...?

Post by Adam17 »

aviationjobsearch.com, thats where its all at. I am currently contracting in switzerland where I have been for the past 3 years now and although the whole scene has been hit pritty hard with the recesion its slowly starting to improve.

Click on to the above mentioned website and register your cv. You also have all the major contract agencies listed on there so you can forward them a copy of your cv at the same time and start applying for jobs.
Dont know if your comercial or corprate jet based but you have a wide choice of jobs out here in europe. The moneys very good if you get into the right place and put in the effort but be prepaired for some serious living expenses if you head for western europe.

Not sure weather your licence is going to be valid over here but might be an idea to look into exchanging it for a Part 66 licence. Once you have this and a valid type rating you can make a small fortune!!!!

Hope this has been of help, dont hesitate to ask any questions.

In return, I am moving over to your big country this summer to live and hopefully work so is there any advice you could me? I will be moving to montreal so preferably in this area.

Check out resource recruitment: www.resource-consulting.ch
This is who I work for and there pritty good at finding you work.

Adam
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”