( DHC8 AME Mechanic (Saxon Manpower)) Dont bother!

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

bronco78
Rank 1
Rank 1

( DHC8 AME Mechanic (Saxon Manpower)) Dont bother!

Post by bronco78 »

just thought i would let you all know, these clowns are offering 40$ an hour and 50$ a day per Diem.

The going rate for a contractor in edmonton area is at least 45$ an hour and I get to go home every night.

How do they get anyone to work for that crap wage in the north and expect you to be dash endorsed and have avop and airport pass to boot. Anyone who would work contract for this wage should be kicked in the nuts. LOL.

The pice of eating out or even buying groceries and cooking for yourself would be barely covered by that shitty per diem as well.

This contract should pay a day rate of at least 450$ a day(DAY RATE, NOT HOURLY) for those qualifications and where you are expected to work and a 100$ a day minimum per diem .

Just my 2 cents anyway but I'll keep my lic and endorsement in my pocket if thats all they are paying.

I guess we only have our selves to blame anyway.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: ( DHC8 AME Mechanic (Saxon Manpower)) Dont bother!

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

Holy F shut the **** up.... Over 100 grand a year and you snub your nose at it?

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by conehead »

Lots of people make 100 grand a year... it ain't much.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

And especially if you've got no benefits, no pension, and no EI when (not if) you are sent packing...

An acceptable contract rate for ten years ago. Not so much now...

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Conehead-Many people make over a 100 g a year. Care to provide a list? I would like to see all these people making this kind of money. And don't use the oilpatch as an example.

iflyforpie--Do your benefit premiums come off your paycheck or does your company pay for it? Also who was paying that type of contract ten years ago?

bronco78
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bronco78 »

I'm an ass

:oops:

Last edited by bronco78 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

An attitude like your's is only worth $50k a year.

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by conehead »

Schimunga wrote:Conehead-Many people make over a 100 g a year. Care to provide a list? I would like to see all these people making this kind of money. And don't use the oilpatch as an example.

?
Alright... most police officers in Toronto. Want more? Or do you want industry specific?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Schimunga wrote: iflyforpie--Do your benefit premiums come off your paycheck or does your company pay for it? Also who was paying that type of contract ten years ago?
KFC was paying contractors $39/hr when I started with them in 2000 (oh okay, $1/hr less). And that was in Kelowna , full-time, after sunshine tax. Group benefits and matching pensions give you way more bang for your buck payed and without EI, you are dipping into your surplus between contracts.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Sparkfarmer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sparkfarmer »

bronco78 wrote:hey SchiTTmunga you goof, :lol:

IT IS A CONTRACT SHORT TERM POSITION AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!! Spell it with the rest of your kindergarten class.....C-O-N-T-R-A-C-T. Not an F**KING career position, it is also paying less than the company they are contracting you to.
Did you read the part where you cant feed yourself for the 50$ a day unless you like KD and wieners.

You say it is a hundred grand a year????do you know anything about what you are talking about!!! Almost every job up north where they want you to go is a ROTATIONAL......(YEP kindergartner!! Spell it, R-O-T-A-T-I-O-N-A-L , that a good little boy.) position which means equal time off for equall time worked, so take your BIG 100 grand and divide it in 2. (oops, forgot kindergarten hasn't taken division yet.) That is 50 grand a year. yep good money for you 'micky d's wanna be manager' but not if you have the qualifications they are looking for.

It bone heads like you that KEEP our wages down.

Take your :prayer: M1 lic(or your apprenticeship) and your cessna buck72 experience and get your 25$ and hour job and be happy.

Bronc
While I agree that we are under paid as licenced engineers, you bronco78 are a douchebag. Spell it with the rest of your kindergarten class..... D-O-U-C-H-E B-A-G. You don't need to be an as**ole to your own. Your above post makes you look like a total dick to the rest of us... Dick.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Typical agency rate for an aca, maybe even slightly higher than average, but still the shits when taking into account the location. 5 years ago it was $43 a/hr and $75 a/day perdium in Iqaluit for the same prerquisites. Agencies typically make around 20 bucks an hour off of each individual these days.

The race to the bottom for ame's continues. :lol:

http://mindflipbooks.ca/
SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

That is why I refuse to contract through an agency. I find the agencies will cut you off on a Friday at 3:00 with out any warning, where as an independent, the company you contract to, usually has the courtesy to give you a week or two notice.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
bronco78
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bronco78 »

[quote="Sparkfarmer"]

Bronc[/quote]

While I agree that we are under paid as licenced engineers, you bronco78 are a douchebag. Spell it with the rest of your kindergarten class..... D-O-U-C-H-E B-A-G. You don't need to be an as**ole to your own. Your above post makes you look like a total dick to the rest of us... Dick.[/quote]

While it was meant as a tonge in cheek goof off response it came off all wrong :oops: Ya, you right, there was no call for it.

I'm an ass.

My apologies to all.

I will edit it out.

bronc

I'll fix er up now

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

They just reposted the ad again.

Doesn't look like they are getting much interest.

http://mindflipbooks.ca/
Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner but my "give a f*ck gauge" was reading zero for the last few weeks because I was on time off from my R-O-T-A-T-I-O-N and apparently I missed a somewhat heated rebuttal (not bad for kindergarden spelling) from someone I wasn't even talking too.

Conehead--I can see why you would see a 100 g's nothing to sneeze at when you use the GTA as home. With the high cost of living there a lot of people would make that kind of money but here in AB unless your in the oilpatch not many professions make that kind of money. At least not from what I can see.

iflyforpie--My point about benefit premiums is that, again from my experience, is that when people brag about getting benefits and you were to look at their paystub it comes off there paycheck. So when someone comes off saying that a contractor has to pay for his/her own benefits a full time guy is also paying for his own benefits. I think there is a good argument for both sides if you want to be either a contractor or full-time employee. Has KFC increased or decreased what it pays contractors these days?

Bronco--Not to leave you out, you know what you can do with yourself. Horse/Donkey hybrid!!!

Return to “Maintenance”