Experimental Maintenance Check by AME

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

NunavutPA-12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Experimental Maintenance Check by AME

Post by NunavutPA-12 »

Problem: I own a PA-12 replica (Amateur-Built) in CYCO (north of YZF). I'm learning how to do my own maintenance on the airframe and engine (O-320 160 hp). The airplane was completely rebuilt in 2010. Everything is working well and I want to keep it that way.

I would like to have an AME check my work once a year. I don't expect the AME to sign off anything or to accept any kind of responsibility - I just need a trustworthy, qualified person to look for and point out any obvious problems and offer a little guidance.

I'd rather have an AME visit me rather than to have to fly the airplane out during our short season (it's on floats). I'm wondering if there are AME's in Yellowknife or Cambridge Bay who would be willing to visit for a day. I have a nice clean, but un-heated hangar in which to work. June would be the best month for this - warm and no bugs.

Any suggestions that would help keep the airplane safely flying would be appreciated.

PS: Airfare, accommodations and meals (stay as long as you like) plus the usual labour rate.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”