Saxon YVR 737NG ad

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Saxon YVR 737NG ad

Post by Pat Richard »

Position:B737NG contract line maintenance position
Company Name:Saxon Aerospace
Contact Person:Tom Walters
Province/Territory or State:BC
Web address: http://www.saxonaerospace.com
Email address: tom@saxonaerospace.com
Phone number:18662541288
Fax number:18662541288
Apply via:website/e mail
Aircraft Types:B737NG

Job Description:We are currently seeking one full time B737 endorsed engineer to provide line maintenance support to our customer at Vancouver international airport.

Duration; 1st November 2014 through May 2015
Shift pattern; 4 on/4 off 12 hour shifts
Hourly rate $36/hr

In addition to the 4 on 4 off shift there will be extra hours available whilst not on shift assisting with weekly A checks on the customers aircraft. A checks are normally conducted on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings and vary between 8-10 hours per check. The will be at least 1 A check a week, and likely 2 a week.

There are 192 hours available per month working the 4 on/4 off shift pattern. The successful candidate will have the first opportunity to work on the A check crew which will be at least an additional 10 hours per check when not on shift.

Minimum requirements;
AME M2 license
Transport Canada approved B737NG endorsement
Current Human Factors
Must be able to successfully apply for a YVR airside access pass, and pass the airside drivers test.

If you are available and interested in this position, please register on our website http://www.saxonaerospace.com

Closing Date:ASAP
Wow, what a deal. Straight time for the overtime, right?
First in line for straight time....awesome.

Great offer.
---------- ADS -----------

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Saxon YVR 737NG ad

Post by iflyforpie »

And for $36/hr in Lotusland! I was doing A/B checks there for a buck less an hour, ten years ago... and even then it wasn't good enough....

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Yep..used to be another agency offered that+50 perdium+accomadation 10 years ago also. Seems when this guy started up so did the lowballing. Every single offer Ive ever had from that guy has been crap, right from when he started.

Really bizarre part for me is he probably thinks its a clever sales pitch, lol. First crack at straight pay OT on your days off :lol:
Im more than sure that any chump that takes this will be expected to take the scheduled "OT".

Unreal what this industry is degrading to. Race to the bottom.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

:smt014

...same old ...same old...and making up stuff.

Who said it was straight pay OT?

Haven't you taken that Brandell Diesel job yet?...Naaa, they're competing with other diesel shops at the employees expense.

:lol: :lol: ............

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

The only thing NeverBlue provides in these threads are emoticons and "....."

Maybe if he had any real world aircraft maintenance experience he would be able to comment on the contracting world, be we all know from his posts that he is lacks perspective in most areas.

Hey NeverBlue, how about you share your experiences in the contracting world. My guess is you don't have any but I would love to hear your uninformed insight for a good laugh. Oh and feel free to insert as many emoticons and periods as you like to try and distract from the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

If you work more hours than the federally regulated work week then you have to be paid overtime unless you are in an hour averageing system which I would assume this is not.

Still though $36/hr is an insult.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

...I've never had to contract in my life...I hold a full time job with benefits, pension and holiday pay.

Why would I contract?...my skills are in demand.
Maybe if he had any real world aircraft maintenance experience he would be able to comment on the contracting world,
...see that's the problem...that's all you know...you think that that's it
Still though $36/hr is an insult.
Hmmmm...line maintenance on a 737NG....sooooooooo difficult....requires decades of training....and you need to know how to use a pen...

Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Troubleshot--People are getting caught in a vicious circle here. You stated in another thread that people NEED a house, a car, a motorcycle(that made me chuckle), etc.. You also stated that loans would be required to purchase these items. So what is a young AME with little experience to do when they are laid off and the monthly payments are required to keep that motorcycle, car and house? Take the next job that comes along so they can make their payments or risk loosing their house or car? Or even better to stop putting food on the table? Do you think a young AME who is green behind the ears is going to have the confidence to walk into a HD shop and get a job fixing dump trucks? Or even have a chance getting hired? Maybe an AME with 10+ years experience can do that but not someone with just a couple of years under their belt.

This is the cycle that people get themselves in.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Schimunga- I would never fault a guy for taking a job (any job) to provide for themselves or their family if they were laid off, company closure, etc...hell I've been there more than once, I was laid off once when my son was first born and I just bought a house...I had to fix gas pumps at $18/HR for a few months until I could find a suitable gig back in aviation. The 737NG job Pat posted would not be for a "new AME" and was meant to show that even the contracting wage is sliding. The on-going topic are wages in general. Pat posted the Heavy Duty mechanic job ad to show the discrepancy in wages between a guy who fixes dump trucks VS. a guy who fixes aircraft.

Most HD shops would not hire an AME but that ad does shed light on the wages in aircraft maintenance today and maybe a young person might rethink a career in A/C maintenance.

I am not sure why having something fun to do like a motorcycle "made you chuckle"....heaven forbid that being a licenced tradesmen would afford you some disposable income so you could have a little fun. Since you are taking my posts out of context I'll ask you this, would you work at WestJet Encore as an ACA for $25/HR?

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

NeverBlue wrote:Hmmmm...line maintenance on a 737NG....sooooooooo difficult....requires decades of training....and you need to know how to use a pen...
You see, this type of response is from someone that has zero clue outside his own little world. I would give you a pen and you still would be lost on that jet.

Can you imagine this guy on the line if there was a snag??...it would be there all friggin day. It would take you hours just to look up the tooling required to change the bloody tire....*Hint* the answer is not a pen....

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Troubleshot gets it.

As for OT being paid out for contractors....BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.. Ive NEVER heard, or seen AME contactors getting it. The common thinking, and my experience, is " there contractors, so they will stay until its done at the straight wage.". It used to be because we made considerably more(because we are needed and experienced) that a few extra hours was no big deal overall. Not anymore.
As for making it up, phone him up and ask, then get back to us, and we will see who's living in make believe. Interesting you still open your stupid mouth even though you have no experience. Typical know it all, but hardly a surprise

Maybe Walters could chime in and clear it up, lol.

$36 a/hr, no matter how much you work. Bet on it.
Haven't you taken that Brandell Diesel job yet?...

:lol: :lol: ............
Why would I? Im interviewing for a great position @24 a/hr signing out aircraft evenings and weekends, after Ive dumped almost 20G into schooling and several years serving. All those perks Brandel offers arent for real men. Real men sign out airplanes for crumbs.

Thats your argument, right? Other than just the reflex urge to defend aviation you dont have an argument. Keep swinging.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

As for OT being paid out for contractors .... Ive NEVER heard, or seen AME contactors getting it. 
Uhhh...that's because YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT! :shock:

Again...go back to school will ya?
Can you imagine this guy on the line if there was a snag??
Really?...what are you going to do on the line to a 737NG that is so difficult or isn't in some "procedure" somewhere?

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Wow.

Seriously, why dont you just shutup?

DonutHole
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DonutHole »

I always found that it's easy to find the problem on paper... transferring that fix to the physical aircraft is always more difficult

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

DonutHole wrote:I always found that it's easy to find the problem on paper... transferring that fix to the physical aircraft is always more difficult
Not for Neverblue....sorry you are inferior

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

He is strange one, or maybe crazy is a better word. Admits to never have contracted but tries to contradict well known info. I'd like to know why anybody who admits to their ignorance on the topic feels the need to argue. More likely a personality deficency. The line maintenance comment is about a clueless a comment as Ive ever heard and would love to see him demonstrate it, particularly with an NG. Ignorance talking as always.

DonutHole
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DonutHole »

I didn't mean it as an insult.

For me... looking at the system on paper usually leads to a logical solution. That's relatively easy, but taking that mental picture and relating it to the physical aircraft is far more difficult.

Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Troubleshot--You asked if I would take that job for $25/hr. No, I wouldn't. I've been doing this for 15 years and with my experience I would choose not to take $25/hr. I think that would warrant more per hour. But if I needed the job to put food on the table I would. Even you agree with that. Also I chuckled at your motorcycle comment because you put it under the "need' category. I don't think a motorcycle and house are really in the same category. Sure, get a bike if you want but you should be able to afford it. It seems that people get themselves into too much debt and then blame their work for not paying them enough because they can't pay their bills. I've worked with people from all sorts of trades and heard it first hand.

Second let's talk about the wage discrepancy. Claiming HD mechanics make so much more then AME is a little skewed with the example PR put up. You have to remember that it is from Alberta where anything oil and gas related pays more. A lot more. Here are some more examples of HD mechanic job postings. I can see where you guys are coming from.

http://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=8cfa4d8 ... u5e19s1521
http://www.rengineeringjobs.com/jobs/14 ... ign=Indeed
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobposting.do? ... rchresults
http://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Staffing-Excha ... af28acdb01

Pat Richards. I expect to see your resume submitted toot sweet!

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Interesting all your links are for hd jobs around 26 a/hr. Trying to show that aviation compares well?? Maybe you think no one will notice that they are either MB or NB where you can still get into a house for under 200G. Apples and oranges, because 25 bucks an hour in alberta for the same job would be laughed, not that any company would be stupid enough to try. Only aviation companies are.
So considering anything oil patch commands/pays more money, why dont all the airlines servicing it pay accordingly??
Im sure theyre getting a nice sum due to association, so why wont they pay comparable to uneduacated/unskilled workers that are flying in airplanes?
Encore is prime example of that, but so are others. North cariboo seems to be the only realistic wage.

The motorbike thing - u thinking of it as a luxury, but the reality of it is more like what can be afforded for personal trandportation at those wages.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

The line maintenance comment is about a clueless a comment as Ive ever heard and would love to see him demonstrate it, particularly with an NG. Ignorance talking as always.
Ignorance???

you really think it's that hard? I was bored with it...

Not for Neverblue....sorry you are inferior
I never said anything of the sort...You're really something else TS

Return to “Maintenance”