To delete

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Bravomike33
Rank 0
Rank 0

To delete

Post by Bravomike33 »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Bravomike33 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: When in doubt...after CPL in Ottawa, Cornwall, Montreal aera

Post by Bede »

If money is an issue, I'd go for a SE IFR- lots of PC12's and 208's out there to start a career on. An instructor rating is only good if you have a job offer at the end of the rating. Don't get suckered into "you have a shot at a job after you do your rating with us."

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

You have a shot at an instructor job in most places across Canada if you have an instructor's rating. Trust me, unless there's a personality issue, there's so many places hiring right now.

As for getting that Group 1 rating: I didn't have much money, so I skipped all the IFR and Multi stuff and did my instructor's rating right after my CPL. I taught for a few years and did the Multi-IFR training with an instructor friend for free (we made a deal.. I photographed his wedding for free) and just paid the rental for the Seminole and simulator at a staff discount. I saved about $10,000 and got both ratings in about 10 hours of flight time, not including the practically free simulator sessions. Total cost for the Multi Rating and Group 1 IFR rating was about $4000 in the end, because I was already employed there and made connections.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
Bravomike33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bravomike33 »

Return to “Flight Training”