Best Source For ATPL Study Questions

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Best ATPL Practice Questions

Poll ended at Mon May 31, 2021 3:31 pm

Nizus
45%
Aerocourse Workbook
42%
Harvs ATPL
9%
Shaper Edge
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 33

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Best Source For ATPL Study Questions

Post by 780Pilot »

Trying to get a general consensus on what is the best. I'm at the point where I've studied enough to start some practice exams etc.
---------- ADS -----------

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Best Source For ATPL Study Questions

Post by challenger_nami »

I did mine with Harv’s ATPL Course, and I was happy with it.
It was a few years back though. Maybe a better course has come along since then.

Challener’s Rules of Engagement:
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
Bushman1515
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bushman1515 »

780Pilot wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:31 pm Trying to get a general consensus on what is the best. I'm at the point where I've studied enough to start some practice exams etc.
Use aero course! I used Harvs was pretty much just their commercial stuff plus a couple other things and you apparently can’t share it with a friend, where as the aero course work books you can at least resale or do your buddy a favour and lend them out! So my 2 cents would be aero course brother! Cheers

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by challenger_nami »

I fully agree that Harv’s air ATPL course is their Commercial Course plus some additional topics. However, that tells you how detailed and properly explained the Harv’s Air commercial course lectures are... I found it awesome. The down side is that Harv’s Air is kind of pricey.

If you are looking for a resource that just gives you TC’s ATPL exam questions and their answers so you can memorize them just to pass the exam, I am sure there are 150 page books for that.
However, if TC change their exam question templates, then you might have a problem.

On the other hand, if you want to learn the Aviation subjects in detail and pass the exam with your true knowledge, then I believe Harv’s has a good program.

If you are super keen, then you should know the subjects in Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM).

Challener’s Rules of Engagement:
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
FriendslyCanadian
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FriendslyCanadian »

I've used and use Nizus myself, it's much bigger out east and is bilingual .. I didn't need the bilingual part myself but it's a good point. It's the subscription method too so I got it the last couple months before my test. Lots of practice exams and it explains what my mistake was and why and where the correct answer is. It worked very well for my Samra and Saron, I really wished I heard of it earlier for my CPL and IFR saved myself a lot of money this way so I can burn it another way.

For my iatra years ago I've used aerocourse and it was good too. Kinda wish aerocourse had more than just atpl stuff as it would have been useful throughout my training. I did aerocourse when it was at my flight school and it also helped but it was more expensive and I do think it's kinda dependant on who the instructor might be as my buddy didn't care too much for it. I passed my iatra so it worked for me but that was a few years ago , your milage may vary.

Never used Harvs, I heard it's not bad, I'm not a video kind of guy tho. It's easy to read and practice on Nizus and before Nizus ,aerocourse was the really the default platform for me.

Recovery is still a bit away so I'm now thinking of getting my instructor rating again so I'll keep up with Nizus as it's been the best for me so far ,but I'm open to suggestions always.

Goodluck on the ATPL when you do it!

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

I used Nizus and it was really good. My test score reflected the sample tests and the questions were very similar.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
Hotoffthepress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hotoffthepress »

Does anybody have experience with Nizus for the FAAAA examinations?

I'm using their questions combined with the TC Study Guide.

Cheers

Return to “Flight Training”