Blue Booklet ETA?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

SkunkStripe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Blue Booklet ETA?

Post by SkunkStripe »

Hey I was wondering how long did it take you guys to get your blue booklet?

Recently passed the flight test and was told 2-4 weeks. It's now been over a month.

I was told if there was something wrong with the form I would at the very least get a letter or call informing me of what was wrong.

I have received nothing. Plan on calling tomorrow... But was just curious how long everyone else waited?
---------- ADS -----------

FAF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Blue Booklet ETA?

Post by FAF »

SkunkStripe wrote:Hey I was wondering how long did it take you guys to get your blue booklet?

Recently passed the flight test and was told 2-4 weeks. It's now been over a month.

I was told if there was something wrong with the form I would at the very least get a letter or call informing me of what was wrong.

I have received nothing. Plan on calling tomorrow... But was just curious how long everyone else waited?
To get a very valid time with TC, just add a year, if you're told 5 minutes, it's 5 minutes from now, next year. So in your case check back in Mid to end of April 2016.

Seriously though my students are reporting very close to the 90 days after flight test for new licences. Ratings seem to be a bit faster right now, but, busy season is coming.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

TC has up to ninety days to issue any booklet, medical, licence sticker, etc.

Calling well before day eighty, just tends to annoy whomever you are talking to, who will just inevitably ask "how many days has it been since you were issued your temporary privileges?" And when you say a month ago, the person will kindly tell you to PFO, and call back around day 85 or so...

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Your booklet will arrive soonTM.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

Noticed around 60-70 days for new booklet for my students in the Southern Interior of BC. My own booklet being renewed came to me in under 30 days and I was quite pleasantly surprised!

CarbHeat
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CarbHeat »

Hang tight, it'll come.

Times vary.

When I was first issued the booklet, it took 7 weeks to arrive.

When I renewed it last year, it was at my door within 5 business days of dropping off my paperwork at the office. I didn't even pay for expedited processing! I did shell out a couple dollars for a temporary blue paper, though, that I didn't end up needing because the booklet arrived so quickly.

Broken Slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Broken Slinky »

Mine took 52 days to come from the date the paperwork was sent off until the envelope showed up in my mailbox.

Return to “Flight Training”