CPL Written Exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

joshiscool26
Rank 1
Rank 1

CPL Written Exam

Post by joshiscool26 »

Hey Guys and Gals,
Currently at Confed in Thunder Bay and we write our CLP exam on the 29th of OCT and I was wondering if there are any good practice exams floating around out there? I have the Canadian Commercial Answer Guide 7th edition and am working through that but would like the most amount of practice I can get. Also do you guys have any tips/hints on taking it?
Thank!
---------- ADS -----------

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: CPL Written Exam

Post by Tail-Chaser »

CX2 calculators are your friend. Sharper edge puts out a pretty decent book with practice exams for each section. I can't remember if they have you interpreting performance charts or not, but if so, make sure you read over every detail on that chart before answering the question.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Run through the TC ones and if you have it, the Sharper Edge book questions. If you can answer the majority of them correct (like %90+) you'll do great.

Personally I didn't have a CX2, only an E6B and didn't find it to be a problem. The questions on the exam are pretty simple from a calculation perspective.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

A tip.. if you find a question that you are having trouble answering, or don't understand it, flag it and move to the next one. I found some following questions prompted me to remember how to answer the ones I didn't know. This way you'll get through all the ones you know well, and then use the extra time at the end to work through those harder ones.

And re read the questions. Always double check F* vs C* and SM/NM etc. They might catch you off with some tricky questions like that... where the answer may "look" right, but it's got a Fahrenheit symbol vs Celsius.

joshiscool26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by joshiscool26 »

Awesome thanks guys ill defiantly get that book and thanks for the tips!

hoserjoe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hoserjoe »

joshiscool26 wrote:are any good practice exams floating around out there?
Very detailed self-testing & grading (free) practice exams available at http://www.aerotransport.com The exams track your progress and rate your knowledge level. All charts & diagrams included. Also free textbooks & videos on the same site. These are canadian TC exams, but free FAA exams also available on the same site.

Return to “Flight Training”