Which school is better? HARVSAIR or moncton flight college

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Ahmed elhewey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Which school is better? HARVSAIR or moncton flight college

Post by Ahmed elhewey »

I am Egyptian and i want to study aviation in Canada so which school is better moncton flight college or harvs air ? or even bluebird flight academy
and would like to know your views, perspectives / opinion on the quality of training and experience out there? Will look forward to viewing any comments.
thanks a lot
---------- ADS -----------

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Which school is better? HARVSAIR or moncton flight coll

Post by North Shore »

Lots of different opinions - use the search function. Here's a recent thread on Harv's: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 3&t=108537
Bluebird doesn't have the greatest reputation on here.
I know that Harv's has lots of experience with foreign students.
Don't know much about MFC.

Good Luck, and have fun!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
lucien_kane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lucien_kane »

MFC is good however the weather is very unpredictable which could cause delays with your training.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Ultimately the biggest factor is probably the student. If it were me, I would be looking at projected time to complete and cost, both of which I would want to have as historical averages not advertised figures.

Or toss a coin. Whichever.

DSoup
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DSoup »

lucien_kane wrote:MFC is good however the weather is very unpredictable which could cause delays with your training.
+1 - Flight training in the prairies is going to have more sunny days than anywhere else. Plus - no mountains hiding in the clouds.

Ahmed elhewey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ahmed elhewey »

Thanks guys for your replies
i want to work as a flight instructor in the academy after finishing the training so which academy of these can give my this chance

kilomike_19
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kilomike_19 »

Any academy will not give you this chance for sure. Maybe some FTU's will tell you that we take flight instructors for our graduates but don't be naive and don't put off by that "promise". If you wanna work as a FI you have study hard and show that you have something more than just a simple instructor who wants to accumulate flying hours. Moreover, in Harv's Air you will only get the flying licenses, but in Moncton surely you are going to get a Aviation Diploma. For some it is a plus, and for others a waste of extra money. Depending on your personal situation, you will choose to only get the licenses or also pursue a degree. I have sent you a private message, because we're both in the same situation...

Cheers :)

missed-approach
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by missed-approach »

Tried both. Initially hour building with Harvs at Steinbach and St Andrews, both good spots. Good learning environments with a keen eye on safety.
Went through an ICAO CPL Conversion process with MFC (5 years ago) when they had financial issues. Got grounded due to not having X-amount of CAD on my account. Not in arrears, just not the required buffer. Elected to depart company. (Had lost money in the past due to Flight School Closure!) Once bitten twice shy and all that. Having said that MFC had great aircraft, facilities and instructors. I'm sure they're fighting fit again. So anyway back out West to St Andrews to complete conversion. Personally I preferred Harvs, less hassle in general. The weather is a big factor (I live in the Maritimes) alot crappier than Manitoba for VFR flying. Harvs do look at potential CPL Students for future FI's or at least they did do, been a while now. Good luck.

aviatrix444
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrix444 »

I'm an MFC graduate. The aircraft, instructors, and facilities are top notch... The weather is not. I waited 5 weeks for my CPL flight test. If I could do it all over again, I probably would've gone to Harv's. I wanted to get done and working as soon as possible and just crappy weather added months to my diploma.

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Which school is better? HARVSAIR or moncton flight college

Post by lock15 »

I wouldn't listen to those discouraging the Moncton Flight College because of weather. Every class that goes through MFC has people that finish way ahead of time and some way behind. If completion time was truly weather related, than its fair to say that the whole class would be delayed. I know several students that started the September 2015 Diploma course, and already have their instrument rating. That is usually the last step before B200 Sim and CPL sign off. Graduation for that course is in April and some are slated for the January Instructor course before even graduating.

They also love to hire instructors who trained with them and I would say that 90% of instructor candidates get hired on the line almost immediately. The other 10% end up finding work elsewhere, but work nonetheless. MFC is a great choice.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

MFC is awesome. Great flight training, and has a Bachlors degree program, which you might find useful back in Egypt or some of the major international airlines.
As long as you do well in flight training, your chances of getting an instructor gig there is very good. You can eventually get to teach the Twin engine and get your MPIC Hours up, which are also extremely valuable.
I definitely recommend it.
Don't worry about weather, even the most popular meteorologist's I follow are most often wrong.
Just work hard, do your best, don't ever give up, and you'll be at your dream job before you know it. Yes it might be a few hard years to get through, but it's totally worth it!

Best_Pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Best_Pilot »

Hi gents,
I am new to this forum. Before, I did finished reading almost all concerned thread on good flight schools.

For me, I narrowed down to Harv's and Moncton. This current thread is last updated on 2016.

Can anyone really mention the experience at both the above mentioned flight schools.

Where better opportunities as a Flight instructors, total cost and lengths, planes conditions/any upgrades of the fleet, behavior and experience of current flight instructors,etc.

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Return to “Flight Training”