TC to FAA Conversion

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: TC to FAA Conversion

Post by geneticistx »

when I get my PPL, i just want FAA PPL so i can rent planes when I travel. I hear it's simple, but still need a medical.

there are FAA cert docs here in canada, so that makes it easy.

mk
---------- ADS -----------

johngalt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johngalt »

As far as test exam prep... my understanding is that you would do both the CPL and the Instrument courses from Gleim?

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

As a Canadian citizen, do I need some sort of visa to go across the border to do this exam?

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

praveen4143 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:31 pm As a Canadian citizen, do I need some sort of visa to go across the border to do this exam?
Nope. Your Canadian passport is the only document you need. Be sure to bring at least TWO government IDs to write your exams. One needs your current address on it. So passport and driver's license is sufficient.

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

jg24 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:36 am
praveen4143 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:31 pm As a Canadian citizen, do I need some sort of visa to go across the border to do this exam?
Nope. Your Canadian passport is the only document you need. Be sure to bring at least TWO government IDs to write your exams. One needs your current address on it. So passport and driver's license is sufficient.
Excellent! Thank you for the information!

NEJO79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NEJO79 »

I was wondering if anyone has done the FAA CPL & IFR conversion recently (past 2 years)? I was just wondering how the tests were? I was recommended to use the Dauntless program to prepare for the conversion exams. Does anyone have a good experience using the Dauntless study material? If so, is it really true that they have some of the questions you will actually see on the exams? Any recent advice is appreciated. Thanks! :prayer:

flyingjerry
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingjerry »

Also wondering how people are getting the right to work in the USA?

Return to “Flight Training”