Anyone fly for Macleod aviation yvr

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Anyone fly for Macleod aviation yvr

Post by rotorspeed »

I'm wondering if anyone hear did flight trying with Macleod aviation out of Yvr. Obviously would been in the 90's. That's where I started
---------- ADS -----------

Moose47
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Anyone fly for Macleod aviation yvr

Post by Moose47 »

G'day

Are you talking 'Black' Doug MacLeod who was killed in a motor vehicle accident?

I occasionally flew with Doug on the Argus at C.F.B. Greenwood back in the mid-70's. He was a brilliant navigator We were also members of the Base Flying Club. Doug got his instructor's licence while at Greenwood. He was also very much involved with the Air Cadet Gliding Program as a glider instructor. His son joined the military and flew Sea Kings and now flies or at least he did for Cougar Helicopters.

Cheers...Chris

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorspeed »

Yes

MarcoPolo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MarcoPolo »

I flew with "Black Dog" multi/IFR on FBFL from CZBB. Doug was the nicest CFI I've ever flown with..cool, calm and precise. I miss him dearly. The nickname came from his early military days..something about always irking the brass!

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorspeed »

Yeah I flew with his school out of yvr. That was awesome and he was a great guy

Aamc35
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aamc35 »

Yes I flew many hours with him and relived many at the supper table...He was my Father.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I feel sad for anyone who never got to meet him . I last saw him when I rented a 172 off him to fly up the coast . To an airport that another one of his 172 had an accident the day before . Good times

Lisagh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lisagh »

Hi!

I flew with Doug in 1991. He gave me my first flying lesson, and when he wanted me to calculate my fuel range, he would always refer to himself as my fat instructor. I just learned here he was killed in an auto accident. That makes me so sad, because he honestly was the best old fella I knew. He was my introduction to flying and the reason I'm still an aviation addict. RIP Doug.

Lisagh

Return to “Flight Training”