Cat. 4 medical

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Quartzite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cat. 4 medical

Post by Quartzite »

Hi,

I'll need a medical for my RPP training very soon. I was thinking of getting a cat. 4 medical because I'm on a tight budget and the processing time is significantly shorter. Just wanna know, does the fact that I don't have a family doctor mean I'll have to pay an extra 200 bucks for a cat. 3? Can I just show up at a random clinic and ask a doctor to sign me off? (Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't think of any better idea) Is there anything that I can do to avoid paying 200 bucks for a medical that I don't need?

I would really appreciate any help on this. :prayer:

Qtzt.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Cat. 4 medical

Post by photofly »

I don't think signing off a category IV medical declaration is a service covered by your provincial health insurance. You would have to pay your family doctor to do it, and you will have to pay at a walk in clinic too.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
NunavutPA-12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Cat. 4 medical

Post by NunavutPA-12 »

I've never had to pay a doctor to sign off the Cat 4 medical. But then I live in Nunavut and we seem to get away with stuff here that wouldn't "fly" in the south.

Return to “Flight Training”