Flight school for landed immigrant / license conversion

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

jreis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight school for landed immigrant / license conversion

Post by jreis »

Hello,

I'm 26 y/o and immigrating to Canada this year (PR). I currently hold a CPL from my home country (150 hours TT), and i'm planning get a TC CPL, ME/IFR, maybe CFI

Does anyone have a flight school to recommend? It can be anywhere in the country as i have not yet chosen a city to settle.

My main decision driver is employability after i get the licenses, maybe somewhere they might in need of flight instructors or have the prospect of a flying job after some ramp work, i don't know.

I don't have problems in going to remote areas / up north. But is it a good idea to get my licenses there or is better to move somewhere busier like toronto or vancouver and once i get the licenses move north?

I'm not looking for college programs since i already have an engineering degree (and i'm not that young so i don't have a couple of years to spare).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Windymind
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flight school for landed immigrant / license conversion

Post by Windymind »

I would suggest the Academy of Aeronautics.
https://academyofaeronautics.com/

They welcome students from around the world and help with papers. Their trainings are complete and start every month. Their ground school is in Montreal close to a subway. They fly from Mirabel International Airport which is really nice.

You may get a better feeling of the school from their blog:
https://academyofaeronautics.com/blog/

And from their Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpr3lK ... oCj-J8yzkg

DinaEgypt1988
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DinaEgypt1988 »

I don't recommend dealing with it. In fact anyone whom lookig for studies should avoid this academy.
Their website is full of fraud information such as we grant job & permenant residence which are both lies.
My personal experience the most aggressive & rude academy I have dealed with. They only ask for the 15 thousand dollars in advance and hung up the phone on your face if you ask for any information such as hiring, flying costs, their admission will treat you as bag of crap. will never get back to you for week and two and if you try to reach people in charge they will only say no. not now. tomorrow. Last time i asked to call the owner they yelled at my face. never ever want anyone go through what i have been.

fliter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fliter »

What's your home country? The conversion process may vary based on what country it is. I know we have a conversion agreement with the U.S.; not sure about the rest of the world.

Island Air at CYTZ used to have a lot of instructors from India. It's not an ideal place to work (the owner is.... a character), but at least you could drop by and talk to them. The CFI is Indian himself. Plus they, like every other flight school right now, are desperate for instructors.

Return to “Flight Training”