Thunder Bay instructor

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thunder Bay instructor

Post by ShawnR »

Hi

A couple of friends, in Thunder Bay, are seriously considering buying an airplane to get their license in. We are looking at finding an instructor willing to get them through the air work. They will probably do the on line ground school from Harv's. So if you are a qualified level instructor (what is it..? 3? 2? ) that can do the instruction, send me a private message and we can discuss. We are at the plane looking stage. Considering a C150 or 172 or maybe a Cherokee 140. Depends on what comes up for sale that we like....

I am licensed but would be a partner in the aircraft only for occasional use. I might want to pursue a night endorsment with it.

Thanks
Shawn
---------- ADS -----------

ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Thunder Bay instructor

Post by ShawnR »

Time to bump this up again. Any instructors in Thunder Bay area? I had 3 replies to my first posting but unfortunately, one was transferred before a plane could be arranged, one is too busy with other students and one was able to get started but family commitments and 2 students at once was too much.

So, asking again. Anyone interested in finishing a couple of guys to their Rec Permit level? I think they have about 5 hours in now. Their ultimate goal is just a float endorsement once they can get a Rec Permit.

I am now starting the ground school for a CPL so will be looking for one eventually too. And 3 others contacted me, looking for training for PPL...

There is a bit of a demand for an instructor here. I wonder if a private school could make a go of it again. It has been years since we had one. I know KBM has been trying to get one going but apparently, red tape has been the obstacle. Bummer for us.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”