advise on next few steps

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

rsrsrscanada
Rank 0
Rank 0

advise on next few steps

Post by rsrsrscanada »

Hi fellow members
I am currently finishing up my PPL and will be down within a month or so.
I want to plan on my next few steps and these are some of the advise my instructor has given me.
I plan on purchasing a small plane for the remainder of my flight training. Preferably a cessna or diamond to sell later.
Let me know how this looks, starting in September.
-night rating
-instrument rating
-mountain check/US check
by doing so, I hope to be able to fly more flexibly (able to fly IFR and at night, through mountains and to US)
having these ratings, am I able to fly when the weather is not that much desirable? eg. rain, low visibility, etc
then start time building in Oct/Nov and finish up my CPL and multi engine rating by the end of the year.
Then build more time making valuable trips around Canada and US to gain experience and be more qualified for a job.
Gain around 700+hrs total for a job to build multiengine time, then so on for an airline job in the future.
Any other suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: advise on next few steps

Post by 7ECA »

"...The best laid scheme o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley..."

Take your time, enjoy the ride while it lasts.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Night rating. Ends the need to rush home before sunset. Sunset flights are always enjoyable.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MarkyMark90 »

JasonE wrote:Night rating. Ends the need to rush home before sunset. Sunset flights are always enjoyable.
+1

Night Rating gives you the change to work full time in the day and fly in the evening!

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Plus the extra 5 hours of hood time counts towards your IFR....Every new pilot could use more hood time.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright

Return to “Flight Training”