PPL Online Ground School

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Whiskey25
Rank 1
Rank 1

PPL Online Ground School

Post by Whiskey25 »

My son wants to begin his PPL flight training, but attending normal ground school classes at a FTU would be fairly difficult with other commitments. It's been 32 years since I did my ground school so things have changed a wee bit. Any recommendations for online ground school courses? We are in the YVR area FWIW.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

LifeAt90Kts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: PPL Online Ground School

Post by LifeAt90Kts »

www.pilottraining.ca is the standard these days

Whiskey25
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Whiskey25 »

Thanks LA90

waterdog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by waterdog »

LifeAt90Kts wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm www.pilottraining.ca is the standard these days
+1, they do a great job!

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

LifeAt90Kts wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm www.pilottraining.ca is the standard these days
+1

Yup, get a copy of From The Ground Up as supplementary material and he should be set. pilottraining.ca is a great too and perfect for him to do at his own pace.

AR705
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AR705 »

I agree. I recently did my PPL groundschool with them and received 95% on the TC written exam. I don't think I watched more than a couple of the videos. Just worked through their written presentation material and the practice quizzes. There is a lot of material and it's very thorough. I wouldn't bother with "From the Ground Up", I found some of their explanations a bit light and sometimes difficult to understand compared to material available online (at pilottraining.ca and other websites). If there is something not well understood you'll want multiple explanations anyway. So much out there now on the web. I downloaded an app for my ipad as well which had a bunch more PPL practice questions to work through, but that's how I typically learn things. Did the same for the PSTAR. Pilotraining.ca has so many topic quizzes along the way so you really know where you stand as you work through it. And if you do well on the pilottraining practice tests (I think you needed at least 80% on 3 of 6 practice tests before they give you your letter), you'll have no trouble passing the TC exam. I found the TC exam a fair bit easier than the practice tests they give you!

Return to “Flight Training”