IATRA (thoughts?)

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

IATRA (thoughts?)

Post by Spinwmts »

I always assumed that as soon as I earned my CPL, I would register for the Instructor's rating ground school (at harv's air of course : )... Now with the landscape so drastically changing in the industry, I'm wondering if I should knock out the IATRA right away (just took the CAPAER) since all that information is still fresh in my head? Would you think the material between the two exams overlap enough to see a benefit in doing it a little early or would this be just too much of a distraction from my upcoming CPL check ride? I am a little concerned with the 24 month clock I will be putting on it, but hopefully I can validate it by then.

It seems like the IATRA is a re-occurring requirement on a lot of the low time jobs coming out which is why I'm wondering if I should go in this direction.
---------- ADS -----------

Torresdenochea
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: IATRA (thoughts?)

Post by Torresdenochea »

Do it! it's only $35 and all the answers are on AvCanada...I missed out jobs by not having it done earlier, it's easy too!

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bradley Tucker »

I agree get it done for $35 it opens more options. I believe you need to have 250 hrs min and of course the CPL in your hand.

455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

Bradley Tucker wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:22 pm I believe you need to have 250 hrs min and of course the CPL in your hand.
To sit the IATRA written, all you need is 125 hours and a PPL.

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

It's a good approach, going for the IATRA after writing the CPL written and with the material still fresh in your head. There are still quite a bunch of new topics for the IATRA but nothing overly complicated. Study for it and get 'er done!

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spinwmts »

455tt wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm
Bradley Tucker wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:22 pm I believe you need to have 250 hrs min and of course the CPL in your hand.
To sit the IATRA written, all you need is 125 hours and a PPL.
Sweet! Guess I'll start studying now!

Return to “Flight Training”