PPL Flight Test

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

PPL Flight Test

Post by shivam282 »

Hello everyone,

What kind of ground questions can I expect on the PPL Flight Test? Are they questions like on the written exam that have one specific answer that they look for, or are they route and aircraft type specific questions...or both? Also, does your written exam results determine what kind/difficulty level of questions you will get? I’m pretty alright with the air portion since I know what I am getting into, but I’m nervous about the ground portion since I don’t know what kind of questions I would get.

Also, how much things do you need to have memorized(I’m aware of the obvious stuff like emergencies etc.), but I’ve heard people say you can literally pull out the POH for most things and look up stuff you don’t know in front of the examiner, doesn’t seem very legit to me...

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PPL Flight Test

Post by superbilly24 »

I recommend reading the PPL Flight Test Guide. There are 4 sections that you are evaluated on on the ground, and it says what they evaluate you on in each section.
1 - Documents and Airworthiness
2 - Aeroplane Performance
3 - Weight and Balance
4 - Pre-Flight Planning Procedures (Navigation)

The only things you need to know from memory are Vx, Vy, and Va. Everything else, if you don't know the answers, you can open your POH, you can take out your own notes that you wrote, open the CFS, VNC. You might not do as good is you open up your notes for every single questions, but they cannot fail you if you can find the answer and answer correctly.
Good luck !

Skymark
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skymark »

If you're in the Toronto area, there's a seminar at Brampton Flight Center tomorrow that might be good for you "How to Pass Your Flight Test"

https://www.bramptonflightcentre.com/ev ... seminar-5/

lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lhalliday »

Are you ready or aren't you? If you're worried, maybe you're not.

I did a simulated flight test with the school's chief flight instructor. He asked very good questions on the ground, and (among other things) threw a nasty diversion at me when we were in the air. My real flight test was a breeze in comparison.

...laura

Return to “Flight Training”