Need your thoughts on Canadian Flight Academy

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ZackySharaff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need your thoughts on Canadian Flight Academy

Post by ZackySharaff »

To start with Im an international student from Sri Lanka and I want to pursue my career in aviation. I’ve been talking to several flying schools lately and shortlisted 2 schools.
My First choice is Toronto Airways/Canadian Flight Academy. Since I have chosen the flight school I’ve been reading reviews about them. Most of the reviews are not pleasing and everyone bashing at customer service and the management. So the real question here is, is it advisable to me to come all the way from here to start my career there. Because as im an international student I can’t go introductory flights and choose the right school. I have to stick to one place for the visa procedures.
By the same time I hear good reviews about Victoria Flying Club, Bc so that I fixed it as my second choice and the only con is im more concerned about the weather conditions.
So in a nutshell, Do you prefer CFA or VFC? Can you guys please help me out with this? thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need your thoughts on Canadian Flight Academy

Post by FishermanIvan »

Having flown at both, I'd take VFC in a heartbeat. The weather there is good most days, and you won't get prettier flying than Victoria. I have nothing BAD to say about CFA, but I'd take Victoria every day. Their fleet is good, they have good instructors, and the airport is fun to fly out of.

If you want lots of VFR sunshine, consider EFC in Edmonton as well. Edmonton is a pretty sunny city, and no other flight school in Canada has a fleet like the Edmonton Flying Club. It's top-notch.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”